Check out what I did to the kick drum

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Mark Legat
gettin' sounds

Post by Mark Legat » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:43 pm

RefD wrote:
Mark Legat wrote:
rwc wrote:
Mark Legat wrote:
rwc wrote:I am a fucking homo! I hope nobody quotes me because I am a closet gay and was going to take this off after I got my feelings out in the open!
WTF?!
Now I get RefD's comment completely.

What a kid!
Hey man, you said it, not me.
keep digging, Mark.
He said he quoted me incase I change what I said and then put a little laughing dude so thats offensive to me and when I say something you all get all flustered up its ridiculous. And why is it so hard to believe he would say something like that and then change what he said, he's quoting people incase they change what they said, and then he gets upset if I fuck with him on his quotes.
RIT 08'

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Mark Legat wrote:
RefD wrote:
Mark Legat wrote:
rwc wrote:
Mark Legat wrote:
rwc wrote:I am a fucking homo! I hope nobody quotes me because I am a closet gay and was going to take this off after I got my feelings out in the open!
WTF?!

What a kid!
Hey man, you said it, not me.
keep digging, Mark.
He said he quoted me incase I change what I said and then put a little laughing dude so thats offensive to me and when I say something you all get all flustered up its ridiculous.
whatever.

you're only alienating ppl here.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Mark Legat
gettin' sounds

Post by Mark Legat » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:49 pm

rwc wrote:
Mark Legat wrote:
WTF?!

What a kid!

I like this, you dont mind if I put it on myspace do you?
RIT 08'

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Mark Legat wrote:I like this, you dont mind if I put it on myspace do you?
you should, cos it's quite fitting.

especially the file name.
Last edited by RefD on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Mark Legat
gettin' sounds

Post by Mark Legat » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 pm

RefD wrote:
Mark Legat wrote:
rwc wrote:
Mark Legat wrote:
WTF?!

What a kid!

I like this, you dont mind if I put it on myspace do you?
it's fitting, especially the file name.
I know man, assclowns a good one. Mine for him shall be, the notorious cum eater.
RIT 08'

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Mark Legat wrote:I know man, assclowns a good one. Mine for him shall be, the notorious cum eater.
this is what you learned at Musician's Institute?

i can see its reputation is well deserved.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Just stop. Really.
This place is for grown-ups.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Besides.... your continued use of homophobic slurs and insinuations could be an indication of your own struggle for sexual identity. You don't wanna play that shit out here, in public, around strangers with an ever decreasing amount of respect for you.

Just move on...

really....

Mark Legat
gettin' sounds

Post by Mark Legat » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 pm

RefD wrote:
Mark Legat wrote:I know man, assclowns a good one. Mine for him shall be, the notorious cum eater.

I would be offended except most of my friends from that school are probably doing more than you ever have. Not to say you havent done anything but theres a lot of my class who are doing really cool things. And it got me a job at an awesome studio, so the bad rep I dont understand.

And I do pretty good with the girls man but good one. And the slurs or whatever youre talking about, of course target me since he called me an ass clown, of course, its my fault since I stand up for myself. You can now be notorious cum eater jr. But really, I do like how you post one thing saying grow up and stop saying these things, and then you put another post afterwards trying to call me gay. Kudos to you for being a hypocrite and an idiot.
RIT 08'

mattwhritenour
pushin' record

Post by mattwhritenour » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:21 pm

Even if it's true that the elevation messes with there ears in PA, if they can learn to adjust to it and mix accordingly it is possible to do a better job than anybody in the world.

This theory of location in the world which I never heard of until this thread is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 pm

you know, i totally saw this coming with the "hush puppy" comment, but i kept quiet. i love the methodology here.

step 1: prove that you have no idea what you are doing.
step 2: attack people who question what you're doing to prove that you're a big tough guy on the internet.
step 3: claim that everyone else has no idea what they're doing.
step 4: homophobic/racial/ignorant slurs for everyone!

congratulations, mark. this community is an amazing place that you're obviously not cut out to be a part of. you've squandered the goodwill of an entire group of talented and helpful people, that would have gladly answered your questions, had you not immediately proven yourself to be an argumentative ingrate.

check, please! can we lock this bad boy up now?
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Mark Legat wrote:
RefD wrote:

I would be offended except most of my friends from that school are probably doing more than you ever have. Not to say you havent done anything but theres a lot of my class who are doing really cool things. And it got me a job at an awesome studio, so the bad rep I dont understand.

And I do pretty good with the girls man but good one. And the slurs or whatever youre talking about, of course target me since he called me an ass clown, of course, its my fault since I stand up for myself. You can now be notorious cum eater jr. But really, I do like how you post one thing saying grow up and stop saying these things, and then you put another post afterwards trying to call me gay. Kudos to you for being a hypocrite and an idiot.
when did i accuse you of anything except acting like a fool?

becos that it what you are doing.

good luck.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Smitty wrote:you know, i totally saw this coming with the "hush puppy" comment, but i kept quiet. i love the methodology here.

step 2: attack people who question what you're doing to prove that you're a big tough guy on the internet.

congratulations, mark. this community is an amazing place that you're obviously not cut out to be a part of. you've squandered the goodwill of an entire group of talented and helpful people, that would have gladly answered your questions, had you not immediately proven yourself to be an argumentative ingrate.

well said.

motion for thread lock seconded.

Mark Legat
gettin' sounds

Post by Mark Legat » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Smitty wrote:you know, i totally saw this coming with the "hush puppy" comment, but i kept quiet. i love the methodology here.

Yeah that might make sense if I was attacking anyone, I only said stuff about people who were trying to offend me. And a tough guy on the internet would be saying tough things which I didnt do at all, and I clearly stated that I am sure he has done a lot of cool things too so the step 3 doesnt apply either. Please quote anything I said saying people dont know what theyre doing. Oh yeah, you cant, so that means youre talking out of your ass as much as I am. All youre doing is lying about what I did, and then finishing with a sarcastic note to try and sound smart. And number 4 I admit I did, you faggot.
Last edited by Mark Legat on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RIT 08'

visible cow
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by visible cow » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:46 pm

+1 on the lock.

This guy needs to read more threads to understand the polite discourse that is pretty much the norm around here.....