my 33 minute cassette tape epic

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Knight79
alignin' 24-trk

my 33 minute cassette tape epic

Post by Knight79 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:38 am

well here it is all spliced and diced up together

a conceptual piece of bedroom music, enjoy it and have fun!

the fidelity is pretty bottom rung so I try to make it as interesting as possible......i don't got no money for fancy stuff....

http://www.zshare.net/audio/509875732ae66373/

DU8
audio school

Post by DU8 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:00 am

I just downloaded it.

I'll check it out this weekend. It sounds like a neat idea!

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:37 am

I really like this piece. I am a wee bit tired of 2-3 minute pop songs and this is definitely not that. I think I'll be listening to this a lot in the next week actually - very cool how it slowly mutates. I am just about to finally dive into Paul Westerberg's new one which has been described to me as similar to this (one long track, fades in and out of various songs) -

VERY COOL. I think this is actually new and different, as opposed to the majority of the new pop/"indie" garbage I hear on KEXP lately.

Knight79
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Knight79 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:25 am

Tatertot wrote:I really like this piece. I am a wee bit tired of 2-3 minute pop songs and this is definitely not that. I think I'll be listening to this a lot in the next week actually - very cool how it slowly mutates. I am just about to finally dive into Paul Westerberg's new one which has been described to me as similar to this (one long track, fades in and out of various songs) -

VERY COOL. I think this is actually new and different, as opposed to the majority of the new pop/"indie" garbage I hear on KEXP lately.
Big thanks man! the more it goes into the less vocals there are and the less pop it gets, its mood music i guess, i don't know what kind of mood though. It's sewer jungle music.