Finished recording first self produced record---tips?

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

in a little rowboat
studio intern

Finished recording first self produced record---tips?

Post by in a little rowboat » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:59 pm

im quite pleased with the songs, performances, etc...first time recording, after months of reading on this forum, i put a studio in my new house...the music is very much anti-folk

i did all the tracks, my friends did most of the drums, alot of the basic tracks are live by preference, and i have a bit of bleed on the vocals

-I could use some tips on the mixing and where to go with it next...some tracks are on my myspace, obviously a low quality file, but if you want better sound files i can do it...thanks in advance

j

http://www.myspace.com/jobubabin

in a little rowboat
studio intern

Post by in a little rowboat » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:45 pm

over 100 views and nothing...well thanks anyways ya'll

BenjaminWells
gettin' sounds

Good stuff

Post by BenjaminWells » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Sounds good. I'd bring down the lead vocal on Dangerlove. It doesn't really blend. Try to make space in the spectrum for it rather than just turning it up.

Your myspace editor jacked up the player and I couldn't even see it without scrolling all the way over to the right.

The songs are good. I like the song writing. Vocal work on Mark My Words is great.

I think you should be very proud of this. It's good work. Keep it up.