Kylesa - Static Tension

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

kingnimrod
pushin' record

Kylesa - Static Tension

Post by kingnimrod » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Just a heads-up for those of you into "heavier" music - this album just came out and is pretty great. Sort of a mix of hardcore / metal / psychedelia.

The production on the album is really good too.

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Mon May 03, 2010 7:08 am

Finally got this a couple days ago, and I can't stop listening to it. Perfect blend of sludge and psychadelic.

Really can't get over how good it is.

Production is insane. 2 mono drum kits panned 1 to a side. Massive guitars/bass, but with lots of space and dynamics. Great use of psychadelic effects. Dualing male/female vocals that are outstanding....

10 out of 10, IMO. I haven't liked a record this much in a long fucking time.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon May 03, 2010 8:06 am

Hmm...interesting...never heard of these guys before. Interesting sound...definitely hear a big Ministry influence in the male vox and double-up drums obviously.... Would like to hear them more when my internet isn't sucking.

SaneMan
takin' a dinner break

Post by SaneMan » Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Yeah, I love that album. It's a bummer their older stuff doesn't sound nearly as good, that's the only album of theirs I really listen to on a regular basis. Saw em live awhile back though in a little movie rental store on an off night during their tour opening for Mastadon. It was amazing. Laura (the female vocalist/guitarist) played the majority of the lead stuff. She's seriously badass
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. - Carl Jung