Scientific Attempt To Create Most Annoying Song Ever

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

rushofblood
pushin' record

Post by rushofblood » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:03 pm

I think they took some good elements from Van Dyke Parks...maybe Jump, or Song Cycle.

rkopald
audio school graduate

Re: Scientific Attempt To Create Most Annoying Song Ever

Post by rkopald » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 am

Jon Nolan wrote:this shit is hi-f'ing-larious. seriously funny. about two minutes in i just about shot coffee outta my nose.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/04/a-s ... ic-at.html
THANK YOU for posting this. I absolutely love bad music. I gotta tip my hat to the people that make bad music. That takes conviction.

Addendum: Never mind. The most Wanted Song is Waaay waaaay worse than the most unwanted song... I love both of them.

bestmixerever
alignin' 24-trk

Scientific Attempt To Create Most Annoying Song Ever

Post by bestmixerever » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:35 am

I've heard far more offensive crap than that. Shit, we've all worked on sessions less tolerable than this, haven't we?
Mixing "In The Box" beats the crap outta "Living" in A box
http://www.protools-mixing.com

rkopald
audio school graduate

Post by rkopald » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am

I THINK the worst thing I've personally heard was when I had the misfortune to see what I think was a Kenny G. Christmas special on the television box, there. It was awesome. Kenny G. was playing to children outside in what looked like the mall from "Pee Wee's Big Adventure". He'd start a well known yuletide carol, and the childrens' faces would light up with delight, then slowly turn to bewilderment, then dejection when "The Sax Man" would start to riff on these songs in his own inimitable way. Meanwhile he had that goofy, half grin half look of DETERMINATION on his face. It even had handheld camera shots. I think that was the worst thing I've heard. I did sit through the first 3 songs at a Spyro Gyra concert once back in 1986, oh and then there's the time I saw The Marshall Tucker Band at a Kool (brand cigarettes) Jazz Festival outside Orlando, where they dealt with feedback issues for 40 minutes, then in the course of an hour played "Can't you see". Twice. I left.

KFledman
ass engineer

holy cow.....i worked these sessions i think....

Post by KFledman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 am

I haven't read the link thourgh yet or listened or read all the posts but i worked this session with david soldier in the mid 90s at big house recording in nyc......i am going toread and listen when time permits ad also try to remember more about the date...

little bits i know for sure were that the room was fairly large, tre mic collection more than adequate and the classic neve [utopia...predecessor to an 8078] was awesome...

bringing back memories.....