check out my new band

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

JustinHedrick
steve albini likes it

check out my new band

Post by JustinHedrick » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:58 am

www.myspace.com/craneandbadger

let me know what you think. the 3 songs were recorded in 5 hours.
another metal guitar tip is to put a fan in front of you while you play, so it blows your stupid long hair around like the solo is BLOWING YOU AWAY because you're a fucking tool.

JustinHedrick
steve albini likes it

Post by JustinHedrick » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:09 am

god damn, no one wants to listen??
another metal guitar tip is to put a fan in front of you while you play, so it blows your stupid long hair around like the solo is BLOWING YOU AWAY because you're a fucking tool.

Corey Y
re-cappin' neve

Post by Corey Y » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:08 am

I like the songs, reminds me a bit of Unsane. The production sounds slick, though the levels sound a little uneven in places. I could stand to hear more bass in Body Bag, more vocals and less synth (or whatever that tone is) in Serpico.

Overall it sounds good and I like the songs. What kind of setup did you use for recording/mixing?

JustinHedrick
steve albini likes it

Post by JustinHedrick » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 am

Corey Y wrote:I like the songs, reminds me a bit of Unsane. The production sounds slick, though the levels sound a little uneven in places. I could stand to hear more bass in Body Bag, more vocals and less synth (or whatever that tone is) in Serpico.

Overall it sounds good and I like the songs. What kind of setup did you use for recording/mixing?
thanks for the feedback! we used protools (not a fan) fed by some outboard pres. it was mixed on a high end tascam console (don't remember the model).

we recorded it here:
http://www.gwrecordrecorders.com/

i like the production, but i wish it was more "dirty" sounding.

thanks again for your feedback.

Corey Y
re-cappin' neve

Post by Corey Y » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:53 am

The production does sound a bit more "slick" than I would expect from the musical style, but it doesn't sound bad. The guitars actually sound pretty right on, to my ear. I could use a bit more grit and punch to the bass tone and some more room sound on the drums. That's purely my taste though, good job.

JustinHedrick
steve albini likes it

Post by JustinHedrick » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 am

Corey Y wrote:The production does sound a bit more "slick" than I would expect from the musical style, but it doesn't sound bad. The guitars actually sound pretty right on, to my ear. I could use a bit more grit and punch to the bass tone and some more room sound on the drums. That's purely my taste though, good job.
thanks again for the feedback.