Caspar Br?tzmann Massaker

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

vapour trail
alignin' 24-trk

Caspar Br?tzmann Massaker

Post by vapour trail » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:27 am

I saw this band last night in Recyclart, Brussels.
Jaw dropping.

rember really enjoying the few shows I saw years ago, but was nevertheless surprised at how well he controls every single sound he makes. Very underestimated over the years, I think.

For those who not know him: he is the son of well known freejazz saxplayer Peter Br?tzmann. Einsturzende Neubauten generation. plays a reversed strat into marshall stacks with fuzz and choralflange fx, scanding dark poetry on top and accompanied by minimal hard-hitting drums and bass.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... q=caspar+b

thunderboy
buyin' a studio

Post by thunderboy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:21 am

I saw CBM in San Francisco at DNA back in...1993? He was touring Koksofen - one of the top five shows I have ever seen, just brilliant. Brutal artistry.

I love the videos for Templehof and Wiege - basically dashboard cam footage of someone driving around on a snowy night. Both meditative and unsettling.

jt
"most toreadors worth a damn are circumcized."
- Discs of Tron

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:04 am

I just watched some of one of those videos on YouTube. That's my favorite song/video that I couldn't watch the whole thing of.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.