New Pop Punk EP For Free Download

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

mscottweber
pushin' record

New Pop Punk EP For Free Download

Post by mscottweber » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Here is a little 8 track project I just finished. I composed and recorded it as a senior project at school, but mixed and "mastered" it in my modest home setup.
I've recorded half a dozen solo albums, but this is the first one that, sonically, I feel good about. Please let me know what you think, including any negative thoughts. I am always looking to improve!
http://mikeweber.bandcamp.com/album/a-gravity

Mike
Last edited by mscottweber on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sound for sandwiches
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by sound for sandwiches » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:36 pm

I listened to the first few tunes. I dig the guitar sound. Power pop has a real specific connotation to me, so I was expecting something more retro sounding- think big star, sweet, the boys, exploding hearts, etc. Your sound is more "modern" than that, but the words 'power' and 'pop' definitely fit.

D

mscottweber
pushin' record

Post by mscottweber » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Yeah, I suppose "Power Pop" isn't that fitting of a label. Maybe pop punk would be more accurate. I was always bad at trying to categorize music.
Thanks for the compliments on the guitar sound. I didn't like the way they sounded as I was tracking, but they grew on me.