Peppermint Sine Waves - A Hermetech Mastering Compilation

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Babaluma
suffering 'studio suck'

Peppermint Sine Waves - A Hermetech Mastering Compilation

Post by Babaluma » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:56 pm

I've recently released a freely downloadable compilation album of various electronic tracks and artists I have mastered this year. It runs the gamut from mellow down tempo chill out, to heavy metal and harsh industrial, so stylistically it may not be everyone's cup of tea. There are more details and download links on my web site here:

http://hermetechmastering.com/examples.html

On this esteemed forum, I'm mostly concerned with getting feedback from engineers with far more experience and better equipment than I have. If you have the time, I would really love to hear your thoughts on this album, particularly regarding the quality of the mastering. Please be honest but constructive!

My gear list, if you are interested, is also on the web site.

I'm just a beginner really, and know I have a lot to improve skill/experience/equipment wise, but I have been getting really good feedback from my clients, and I am very eager to learn more and improve the quality of my mastering.

Thanks in advance for downloading, listening or commenting,

Gregg