Charles Frank Black Francis Thompson

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

vvv
zen recordist

Re: Charles Frank Black Francis Thompson

Post by vvv » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:18 pm

8)
bandcamp; vlayman;
THD; Geronimo Cowboys;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

shedshrine
carpal tunnel

Post by shedshrine » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Yep, third time through making more connections with the lyrics/what the songs are about, makes the little switch in the head click. Par for the course with me and Frank.
Nice packaging on this sucker, dual 45 rpm discs.

shedshrine
carpal tunnel

Post by shedshrine » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Record Store Day 2019.. After taking care of some things this morning I got there a good hour after the store had opened and avoided any initial moshing. I had talked with the guys there the prior weekend so knew they had ordered 10 copies apiece of Franks's first couple solo album reissues.
I go through the doors and the checkout line is winding up and down several store aisles. I made my way over to the RSD racks and..by my count there were still 10 issues of each in the racks. What is wrong with these people? :suspect:

I for one am glad to have this pair of flashy new color versions to save the O.G.s some wear time. For those who are curious, they both sound great, no issues.

I don't mind the wait in line at these, usually get to hang with some interesting like-minded knuckleheads for a bit. Some of whom were nice enough to share some fine brewed beverages. I think morning beer might have to be a thing once in awhile.