Just saying hi

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

skione
audio school

Just saying hi

Post by skione » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:32 am

Hi. Just registered my account, been going through the board and like what I see, love the magazine.

I hope to be spending more time in my studio in 2011 and subsequently here.

Happy New Year to all.

Arthur Stone
audio school

Post by Arthur Stone » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:35 am

Hi - I just joined Tape Op too...thanks to Larry and everyone involved for the forum, I'm already getting some good knowledge here.

I'm based in the UK and have a small, hobbyist home studio; my musical interests are wide and varied but apart from writing and performing my own music across genres I really enjoy recording the acoustic sets for local artists. I occassionally perform live acoustic and electronic sets.

My studio is based around an i7 computer running Propellerhead Record and Ableton Live; the front end is a BAE1073mpf and A/D via Sound Devices 702. Mics include Rode K2, NT1A, NT4, SM58, ME66.

I'm just getting into video to compliment the music and also to produce visuals to make music for.

I recently lost a few years work (computer + back-up crash) but I'm slowly getting back there; I have a track on Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/arthurstone

Best, Arthur
"All you need is love..."

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:32 am

hey... thanks for joining us.
not to be rude, but i'm moving your post to the 'listen to my stuff' forum where it's more appropriately posted.
thanks
:) hillary