A new novel/album project coming out soon

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

sad iron
tinnitus

A new novel/album project coming out soon

Post by sad iron » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Hey all,

So I've been working on this for a while and now it's about to come out. I started writing the book in 2004 and then earlier this year I decided to write a record to go with it. The whole thing comes out right now but you can stream the whole thing on my website.

The recording was pretty interesting. I wrote all the songs in 3 days, sent demos to the band and then, with zero rehearsals basically, we did basics in one day and overdubbed over the next few weeks. I wanted to get it all done quickly with as little thought put into what was happening as possible. I just wanted to get the sound of the band playing.

This was the first project I've done where I tracked basics in another studio (Flat Black here in Iowa City) and then brought the tracks back to my place to do ODs. It was mixed by my friend Pete Becker and then mastered by Carl Saff. The whole thing came out great.

If you're so inclined, check it out here: http://sadironpress.com/. You can read the first chater of the book there and you can preorder the whole thing.

If you're further inclined, give it a Like on facebook or pass it on to others you think might be into it.

Thanks!

Jason
New music: www.sadironmusic.com

Studio site: www.sadironstudio.com

Novel website: www.sadironpress.com

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Heya, I'm bumpin' this to give it 4.5 outta 5 olives on my personal review scale. Lemme add only noir and crime novels ever seem to get 5/5 outta me!

Oh, and another thing; I can't decide if this is a great CD accompanied by a good book, or a great book accompanied by a good CD.

In any event, no affiliation, just impressed with this fellow TOMBer's work!
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

sad iron
tinnitus

Post by sad iron » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks, man. And thanks for the support on the kickstarter. It has been an awesome ride so far and I'm just humbled by folks response. This has been the most satisfying, rewarding artistic venture of my career thus far.
New music: www.sadironmusic.com

Studio site: www.sadironstudio.com

Novel website: www.sadironpress.com