Hi TapeOp! Here's a videosong I did.

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

PenguiN42
audio school

Hi TapeOp! Here's a videosong I did.

Post by PenguiN42 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:47 pm

New board member here :) Figure I'd introduce myself by throwing up something I worked on recently.... It's a "videosong" of us recording one of our songs with a piano/guitar/strings/drums/female vocal arrangement. I'm not sure what genre you'd call it? (we call ourselves alternative/eclectic/folk or something. But it's not quite) Anyway, hope you like it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BczhVo7MlM

keplar
audio school graduate

Post by keplar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:04 am

Beautiful song. Nice open-ended conclusion as well. I noticed you opted for real cymbals with triggered drum sounds. I've found that cymbal performances in particular are hard to pull off using virtual instruments. - Anyways, great job on the music video.
Keplar
Recording Artist, Techie, and DIY addict
www.Keplar.net

PenguiN42
audio school

Post by PenguiN42 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks! Interesting story about the drums... we originally were going to use sampled cymbals, but of course were having some issues getting them to sound good enough. Around the same time I learned that my dad (who lives across the country) was going to get rid of his old drum set. I didn't have enough room in my apartment at the time for a whole kit, but I could fit cymbals! So I asked if he could send out the cymbals/hardware and the rest is history :)