I Get So Pumped About This Album!

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

scottlepore
audio school graduate

Post by scottlepore » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Oh, and by the way - I gave your album a second listen - it blows.
Scott W. Lepore

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Ha. Which album is that, Scott??

GJ

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:03 pm

GJ

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm

GJ

scottlepore
audio school graduate

Post by scottlepore » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:55 pm

That "Blues Power" or whatever-it-was-called album. And that solo album of yours. I mean, maybe "blows" is a bit vague -. it just seems to lack heart and it sounds like the stuff I've heard every other half-interesting local band churn out.
Scott W. Lepore

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Is there some hidden post that I cannot see that would help to smooth the transition from constructive criticism to flat-out douchebaggery? This is unreal!

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:27 pm

None that I know of, Chris. He must have had a bad day.

Here's the deal, Scott. You are very confused. You keep mentioning a "solo" album, as something separate from "Blues Power," but there isn't one, so I don't know what you're on about. I'm not sure what brought this on, but it's not cool. I did think about giving you a public spanking, but I've thought better of it. If you really want to get into an old-school Internet flame war pissing contest for no apparent reason, bring it on and keep pressing the right buttons, and I suppose I'll be obliged to school you one good. If by "your record blows," you meant "blows passed 'She's The Sherriff' in every possible way; basic musical credibility, performance, production, engineering, packaging, promotion, chart position, radio airplay and media exposure, critical acceptance, and physical product and download sales figures," than yes, you are so right. If anyone should be vaguely compared to "local talent," on the other hand...

Look dude, you came in like gangbusters to a community and contributed nothing other than shameful self-aggrandisement and third-person self-promotion. When you were called on it, and instead of slamming you as the spammer you are, you were given a little helpful critique and some undeserved encouragement, instead of receiving it well, you responded with obviously ill-informed rancor. You definitely need help with your music and production skills; now I wonder if you might need professional help.

Come back when you're in a civil mood, can relate to facts and reality in a more stable fashion, and when you can pull-up your big-boy pants and deal with it like a man.

GJ

dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

Post by dfuruta » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Gregg Juke wrote:If by "your record blows," you meant "blows passed 'She's The Sherriff' in every possible way; basic musical credibility, performance, production, engineering, packaging, promotion, chart position, radio airplay and media exposure, critical acceptance, and physical product and download sales figures," than yes, you are so right.
Ooooooohhhhhh shit!

scottlepore
audio school graduate

Post by scottlepore » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Spare me.
Scott W. Lepore

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:06 pm

We'll all forget that you ever came here spamming our community with your music in no time at all. Good luck with your music.

scottlepore
audio school graduate

Post by scottlepore » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Speaking of that - I really do appreciate all the extra traffic you've all helped me get on the site. I almost think that I could've gone about it all much differently, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been NEAR as much fun. So thanks, guys! Enjoy your "community". You all DO know there's still fresh air outside, right?
Scott W. Lepore

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Yeah, man! You're blowing up now! Brilliant plan, yo!

scottlepore
audio school graduate

Post by scottlepore » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Thank you?
Scott W. Lepore

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 pm

You're welcome, you brilliant music business tactician, you.

It's a good thing Ahmet Ertegun, Jimmy Bowen, and Berry Gordy are retired and out of the business. They'd never have been able to withstand a business model like yours. "Put out crappy, poorly recorded music, spam and falsely promote the record on the World Wide Web, one on-line forum at a time... Insult everyone there, then feign actual interest in dialogue and self-improvement... Finally, create a miniscule, nearly microscopic blip in album website traffic by randomly attacking someone with much better musical abilities and sensibilities who offers the slightest sign of wanting to help. This should sell at least 0% more copies than would have been possible without being an ass in public. It will really move the 140 gram vinyl LP's!"

Awesome work, mastermind. You've been reading the Sun Tzu again...

Spare us, bro.

Mjau, you might want to consider locking this down before things get ugly.

GJ

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Scott,
I don't understand what prompted this to turn ugly against Greg. He was giving nice feedback on recording ideas and then this? I'm locking the thread down. This is weird to me.
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com