"The Incomparable Pete Labonne"

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

joelpatterson
carpal tunnel

"The Incomparable Pete Labonne"

Post by joelpatterson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_kEWHRVfg

The Pete-meister played out infront of the record shop in Troy yesterday... you know, if I was a sensible girl this kind of this would scare the daylights out of me and I'd flee accordingly... alas, I'm not a girl and not all that sensible. Enjoy!
Mountaintop Studios
~The Peak of Perfection~
Petersburgh NY 12138

mountaintop@taconic.net

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:23 pm

He's kind of like a gritty combination of Jonathan Richman, "Ice Cream for Crow"-era Captain Beefheart and Raffi (in about 15 or 20 years, if the kids had never heard him).

:shock:

GJ

PS-- You're sneaky, aren't you Joelly-Boy? You're not using the on-camera mike, but when you brought the camera in, you raised your ambient mike accordingly to make it seem "natural," didn't you, you A/V slickster?

PPS-- I just saw the ending; hilarious! What was that, Godzilla?!?
Gregg Juke
Nocturnal Productions Music Group
Drum! Magazine Contributor
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

joelpatterson
carpal tunnel

Post by joelpatterson » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Exactly, Raffi's oddly demented twin brother... the one always seen talking to traffic lights and drawing crazy patterns on your sheets...

No slick tricks are out of bounds, babe. None of this is real, it's all waveforms and pixels, so hey, why not?

The ending? Yeah, that was supposed to show how even in the midst of the chaotic crumbling of civilization, the guy is ever calm and disconcerned with these petty issues, like car crashes and giant monsters roaming amuck. I love it how he says, "Aw, no one's ever gong to see this..." Hope it doesn't seem too staged. He actually said it, honest!
Mountaintop Studios
~The Peak of Perfection~
Petersburgh NY 12138

mountaintop@taconic.net