Brand new TOMB member. Let me know what you think!

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

SpencerMartin
gimme a little kick & snare

Brand new TOMB member. Let me know what you think!

Post by SpencerMartin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Condensed version of a long story:

I started learning how to record in order to work on my own music but gradually transitioned into recording other artists and less of myself. It got to the point where although my recording abilities improved greatly, I hadn't recorded my own music in over 4 years. Even though I still mostly record other artists I recently decided to once again record my own songs one* at a time and release them privately as they're completed.

*(The one song at a time format has been super helpful. I believe a huge part of that lengthy hiatus was due to how daunting the idea of completing a full album was - full albums being the only type of personal projects I had previously considered.)

Anyways, this is the second song of the series. If you like what you hear feel free to message me and join my email list - it's only once every few months that I complete a song and send it out so I promise not to spam your inbox or anything. There are also a bunch of other artists that I've produced on the linked portfolio site, so feel free to check those out as well. Any feedback/critique is more than welcome. Enjoy!

One Song at a Time, Track 2

banana brains
gettin' sounds

Post by banana brains » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Great stuff, man. Really nice production and sounds. Great vibe.

I'm really amazed at how many great artists there are out there just putting together stuff and throwing it up on the webs.

SpencerMartin
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by SpencerMartin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:19 pm

soupdejour wrote:Great stuff, man. Really nice production and sounds. Great vibe.

I'm really amazed at how many great artists there are out there just putting together stuff and throwing it up on the webs.
Hey thanks, I really appreciate it!

Yeah, the amount of music out there (both good and bad) is continually snowballing in direct relation to how the recording process has become more and more accessible and affordable over the years. I have a relatively small scale approach to releasing my own tunes, but it blows my mind to imagine that there's probably a good amount of truly amazing music out there that isn't even being released at all! Like some guy creating the most brilliant music/recordings/sounds of all time just for his own listening enjoyment haha. That's as real as it gets!