Anything Jumping Out at Anyone?

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Robertt8
gimme a little kick & snare

Anything Jumping Out at Anyone?

Post by Robertt8 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 am

Hey guys!

I've got this new (hip-hoppy...sort of?sort of not) tune that I'd love to get some ears on. I think we?re done screwing with it, but I wanted to run it through here to see if anyone is hearing anything wrong.

My listening options are limited, so I figured a few more ears could help spot any problems.

Any feedback is appreciated.

http://bagoftoysmusic.com/music/so_girl.mp3

Thanks!
Tait

floid
buyin' a studio

Post by floid » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:43 am

A quick listen on my phone sounded good, thought the bass translated well. The vocals have this slapback thing here and there which I assume is a mistracking double, a little distracting b/c it's noticeable but not consistent. But that's just me being nitpicky. I think it would fit right into an afternoon playlist on the local college station.
Village Idiot.

Robertt8
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Robertt8 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:51 am

Thanks for the ears Floid! Damn nice of you to take the time...and yes...it is miss-tracked vocals. They're not perfect, but I was kind of enjoying the slight weirdness when they're off a bit. Maybe that's a bad thing...I don't know.

Thanks!