New album; ambient soundscape etc.

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

lyman
re-cappin' neve

New album; ambient soundscape etc.

Post by lyman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:03 am

Hi. Just wanted to share a link to something I recently released. It is somewhat conceptual, minimalistic, dreamlike...performed solely on guitar, lots of loops, and was recorded across several different media including cassette 4 track. Fans of Bill Laswell, Fripp, Eno, and the like might be interested. Thaaaanks.

http://jonathanhall.bandcamp.com

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Re: New album; ambient soundscape etc.

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 pm

listening to this now, it's lovely! really nice work man.

lyman
re-cappin' neve

Post by lyman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:32 am

Thank you for listening, Scott! My video producer friend happened to ask me the other day if I had any instrumental music he might use for inspiration. I think this stuff is crying out for visuals. I hope all is well with you in Southie.

shedshrine
carpal tunnel

Post by shedshrine » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:50 pm

I've listened sporadically a few times to bits and pieces and keep coming back intending to listen all the way through with undivided attention.
I gave Ionic Journey that this evening.

The "ions" moving around at the start reminds of a cut off of the BBC Radio Workshop-electrosonic album busy microbes, done as a little Baba O'Reilly jig (off Who's Next) , By 1:45 these ionic microbes are entering a tunnel (sounding like something from the Ex Machina soundtrack) at 3:42 they hint at the Baba O"Reilly dance again and then end their journey with a kinder gentler Karma Police finale. : )

I am inspired to try to create some non standard mutated transmorgified guitar synth musical expressionisms of my own. Thanks for posting your creations!