Virtual Surround Sound Streaming Platform

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

360Loop
audio school

Virtual Surround Sound Streaming Platform

Post by 360Loop » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi All,

I recently launched Loop, a streaming service for virtualized surround sound music without the need for any special devices or headphones. The platform has music from The Beatles, Beyonce, Bach, and is growing every day. I wanted to introduce Loop and myself that you might check out the stream at www.stereo.sucks, and also to start a conversation here on the Tape Op forum regarding mixing in both surround and VR, individually and separately.

Thank you!

360Loop
audio school

Re: Virtual Surround Sound Streaming Platform

Post by 360Loop » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 pm

A little announcement everyone!

In 2008, Nine Inch Nails released Ghosts I-IV under a Creative Commons license. Trent Reznor, who leads the band, also released the multitrack sessions for the album.

Now Loop has created the first surround sound mix of Ghosts and will be streaming the album in its entirety without interruption this Thursday, September 19th at 7 PM PST.

These mixes are all object-based, meaning each instrument is placed in its own space. Sounds are not mixed into channels or tied to any speaker configuration. This allows for the best surround experience on headphones possible.

We hope to see you Thursday, and before and after as well!