Chicken

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

antbar
ass engineer

Chicken

Post by antbar » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi all - here's a track from my forthcoming Manbird album.

Our bassist owns a music store and has a concert/recital venue in the building. We set our drummer up on the stage, and bassist Jeff got him with a pair of OH mics, plus kick and snare mics. I think drummer Tom had his Yamaha drum triggery thingy going as well, so the drum tracks has a little added enhancement. Jeff did his bass at home, and guitarist Don did the same. I'm on synths and Mellotron and the twangy guitar running throughout. Allyson Seconds with addition vocals.

I think this one turned out great for a zero-budget track!

https://soundcloud.com/anton-barbeau/06 ... prErPGbyN4
"Putting the pop in unpopular since 1967"

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Re: Chicken

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:54 pm

my mind immediately went to Pee Wee Ellis... so this was completely different than I expected. but it sounds really good!
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

antbar
ass engineer

Re: Chicken

Post by antbar » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:40 pm

digitaldrummer wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:54 pm
my mind immediately went to Pee Wee Ellis... so this was completely different than I expected. but it sounds really good!
Glad you dig it. The whole album is sonically/musically alllllll over the place. Kraut, punk, psych, twelve-tone, and lots of plain old pop. This track is much more Americana than I'd usually go for, but the song is the boss. This is one of those mixes that just fell from the sky, too. Other songs from the same tracking session were as tricky to mix as this one was easy. Go figure!
"Putting the pop in unpopular since 1967"