1967 Neumann U87 w/ shockmount

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:24 pm

brad347 wrote:welcome to the dark siiiide....

I don't know whether my internet addiction or gear addiction is worse.

How do you beat that shit?
booze

bluntphunk
audio school graduate

Post by bluntphunk » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:01 am

Actually my Boyfriend is very cool about me buying gear. As long as the bills are paid and I use what I buy then he has no problem with it. Hell hes an artist by trade so he knows how it feels for someone to tell him that he dosnt need another tool.
And by the way I have been a little busy. I will send pics to those who have requested them. And about price. Im not sure honestly. I want to get a good price but I also want to give the fellow tape-opers a good deal and I want it to go to a nice home. [/img]

bluntphunk
audio school graduate

Post by bluntphunk » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:52 pm

Hey guys the u87 has some issues and will be sent to Neumann for repair.
Sorry for the false start!!

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:33 am

inverseroom wrote:This weekend I managed to get a Studer B67 on its rolling cart into my studio without my wife noticing. I did this by driving the car across the yard and backing up to the back door.

This morning she went in there to look at some turkeys out the back window and was like, "So. Tape deck, huh?" :lol:
i got that same routine from my wife when i brought home your old 107 from the post office.

the book red herring didn't quite work, i'm afraid...worth the try, tho!
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:30 pm

I find it very funny that the reconciling gear with the S.O. comes up so often on this forum, and not so much on the other one.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:19 am

apropos of nothing wrote:I find it very funny that the reconciling gear with the S.O. comes up so often on this forum, and not so much on the other one.
well, i reckon in this forum money is a concern and in the other one the deal is already done and we've moved on to using the item in question.

most of my gear fund comes from selling off or trading out stuff i've either outgrown or grown dissatisfied with.

but then, this isn't how i make my living.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

A-Barr
tinnitus

Post by A-Barr » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:46 am

About 6 weeks after I got married, I was telling my wife about a PRS I was checking out while she was visiting a Naturopath, she said "Honey, if you want a 3,500 dollar guitar, you should get it! You only live once and you work hard for your money." :D :D :D

Needless to say I did not give her much of a chance to take that back, didn't get a PRS but within a week I had a Martin HD-28V. ...and she has not since heard a peep out of me about her 11 dollar jars of organic almond butter. :wink: