FS Speck SSM and expander - the time has come to let them go

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

asmara
steve albini likes it

FS Speck SSM and expander - the time has come to let them go

Post by asmara » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:39 am

I am offering FS my Speck SSM system. it is the SSM main mixer with 4 or 5 stereo channels and the rest mono. This unit has some issues with several scratchy pots and channels that are fussy. I can give a list of all specific issues or invite to inspect. I talked to Vince and he said they do an entire overhaul for 1000 dollars and replace clean completely refurb. or else it is like 200 to diagnos and then something like 100 per hour to fix spec. issues. if you have your own tech or are interested in that kind of thing(I am not) then this is the board for you. Currently it works fine for most channels once you set it up. Just not a good mixer for active fader movements due to drop outs and scratchy pots. 650.00 due to issues

Next up is the companion SSM expander all mono channels. In nearly perfect condition. Some scratchy pots but relatively few annoying issues otherwise.

I am selling to focus more on song-writing than recording for now. I would consider trade offers for audio or photography gear

I prefer local pick-up - I am in Minneapolis, I would consider shipping but these are heavy units and it will cost you.
my eBay ID asmara2000 (eBay really sucks lately)

asmara
steve albini likes it

Post by asmara » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:17 am

BUMP

New lower price.
600 dollars for the whole works. (thats right for both) trades considered as well.
I also recently bought a perfect rolling rack to compliment it.

snatchman
george martin

Post by snatchman » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Hello. Do you have a picture? Thanks

asmara
steve albini likes it

Post by asmara » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Pics available, just PM your email address.

asmara
steve albini likes it

Post by asmara » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:20 am

Last chance before Craigslist gets involved (don't make me have to resort to eBay). I will consider ALL trade ideas. So 600 dollars to move this beautiful hardware out. Sure it needs some attention but somebody out there must be good at that. Otherwise Vince at Speck still services these.

Soundmonkey
gettin' sounds

Post by Soundmonkey » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Do any of the channels have the mic pre option?

asmara
steve albini likes it

Post by asmara » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:15 pm

Yes Sev. channels (esp. on the expander unit) have balanced XLR inputs installed but I have not tested them to see how much the trim effects input levels. I only used the 1/4" inputs for summing purposes.

Frost
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Frost » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Please send me pics at frostdotcom @ hotmail

Thanks, Im in chicago and might be interested.

Frost