looking to buy digital performer 4.6

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

starbearer76
alignin' 24-trk

looking to buy digital performer 4.6

Post by starbearer76 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:27 pm

so i got this computer that came with dp 4.6, but i need to replace the hard drive soon because its crapping out and even if i install the program from the old hard drive to the new one, i'll probably need the code to get it going again. i have no disc, or code, so i'd like to purchase digital performer 4.6, but its rarely seen on amazon or ebay. or... if there is someone who knows if i can use 4.6 files with dp 5? then i wouldn't mind purchasing dp 5 off of someone who's maybe upgrading to 6 and doesnt need 5 anymore?

i have paypal.
get your ears professionally flushed at least once every two years. the best gear upgrade you'll ever purchase.

Northamusi
audio school graduate

Re; DP

Post by Northamusi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:12 pm

You can absolutely use DP 4 (and earlier) files with DP 5.
MOTU has always maintained backward compatibility. In other words, DP5 can open up files from earlier versions. However if you want to open a file from a new version on an older version of DP, you must use "save as" and save the file in the older format.
hope this helps,
peace
Steve

starbearer76
alignin' 24-trk

Post by starbearer76 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:31 pm

yeah... a friend of mine just said the same thing. cool. i guess i could get 5 then. however 4.6 will still work.

anybody have any of those to sell?
get your ears professionally flushed at least once every two years. the best gear upgrade you'll ever purchase.

Trick Fall
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Trick Fall » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:14 pm

I'll check when I get home, but I think I actually have this and don't use it. Switched to PT a while ago.

Trick Fall
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Trick Fall » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Ok, I have DP4, book, installer disk and keycode. I'm not sure what would be involved in transferring the license, but let me know if you are interested.

phantom power
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by phantom power » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Trick Fall,

If Starbearer76 doesn't take this off your hands, I'd be interested (especially if I can transfer the license).

-AE

starbearer76
alignin' 24-trk

Post by starbearer76 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:43 pm

i am looking for 4.6.

ive used 4 on a friend's computer and it did lack a few cool functions that 4.6 has though i can't remember which ones.