JLM Dual 99v in rack case *price drop*

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Yosh
ass engineer

JLM Dual 99v in rack case *price drop*

Post by Yosh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:31 pm

I bought this JLM Dual 99v about 4 years ago from JLM. Its the "everything kit" from JLM. Exact same thing as pictured here. It has a JLM screenprinted rackmount case, DIs on each channel, OEP input transformers, JLM trifilar wound output transformers, and two 99v gain stages per channel running on +/- 34V for tons of headroom and about 80dB of gain. Also, I added a hi/low gain switch which puts the second opamp gain stage at unity, allowing you to drive the first stage harder to get some color. This has been working flawlessly sitting in the same rack in my studio for the last 4 years. It has received many compliments from a number of engineers in that time. I just checked the JLM website and this kit is $1180 USD. Assembly adds another $757 USD. So this is a $2000 preamp new. I want to get $1050 for it.

I'm selling it because I have two more channels of the same but in a DIY case; since I only need two channels, I decided to keep the DIY one and unload the pro looking version with DIs and output transformers. Pics coming soon. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!

Oh, I forgot to say that its in Portland, OR. It would be awesome if it could be a local deal, but I'm willing to ship within the US.
Last edited by Yosh on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yosh
ass engineer

Post by Yosh » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Since I posted this I have put the second two channels of JLM Dual 99v in a rackmount case with Altran C2870 output transformers (I believe these transformers were designed for Walter Sear). I would be willing to sell these instead of the pair described in the previous post. I can let these go for less since they don't have DIs and the case didn't ship from Australia. $800 plus shipping. Let me know if you have any questions. Here are some pics:

Yosh
ass engineer

Post by Yosh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:24 am

Price dropped on both units. I will sell one unit, but not both. Both are now less than the cost of parts. Either one is a great deal! I might do eBay soon if no one bites.
My Portland, Oregon based studio: www.themaproomstudio.com

kywoman
gettin' sounds

Post by kywoman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 am

I can't believe someone hasn't jumped on this - these are excellent pres and at an amazing price. I wish you had these up a year ago before I bought and built my own!

Yosh
ass engineer

Post by Yosh » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:55 am

Bump. These are great pres at a great price!
My Portland, Oregon based studio: www.themaproomstudio.com

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:26 pm

These would be killer for ribbon mics.....another case of if I had the money.
Looks like a very high quality build and great soldering work.

GL on the sale