4SALE: PREAMPS, LOMO, API, CHANDLER, 500 Series, MICS +++

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

4SALE: PREAMPS, LOMO, API, CHANDLER, 500 Series, MICS +++

Post by Russian Recording » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:23 am

Chandler Comps are sold... see last post for a complete list of totally sweet shit you can buy from me.

I recently installed a Sphere Eclipse A mixing console, which I am very stoked about. The Sphere replaced a bunch of my outboard stuff (as did some of the new comps I bought) so now in order to pay all that stuff off, I am selling a lot of really cool shit. Shipping is not included, and the prices are generous and pretty firm. However, I WILL entertain payment plans fo rthe more expensive items, so just get in touch if you are interested. email is preferable:
russianrecording at hotmail dot com

Check out the whole list... I've got compressors, a bunch of awesome preamps, EQs, 500 series stuff, and a lot of really amazing mics. I want good homes for these things and would not be disappointed if I didn't have to put a single one up on eBay.

"Matched" Pair of Chandler Germanium Compressors
$2500

These compressors are a consecutive pair (#61 and #62), they were bought new from Vintage King on the very first day they were on the market. They come with the Chandler power supply, and stereo link cables. They are in excellent condition and kick ass for a lot of stuff, especially: mix buss, acoustic guitar, piano, overheads and electric guitars.

API 500 series modules:
-(2) Purple Audio Biz MKII preamps $ 650/ea
-(2) Shadow Hills GAMA preamps $ 750/ea
-(2) API 560B Graphic EQs $ 700/ea

-(2) Purple Action Compressors (1176-esque) $ SOLD

Hamptone HJFP2 JFET Microphone Preamp SOLD
$550

Hamptone HVTP2 2 Ch Tube Microphone Preamp SOLD
$650

(2) x Dorsey modified Oktava MK-012 with (1) LOMO LD capsule, (1) Red LD capsule, (2) cardioid, (2) hyper-card, (2) omni, (2) 10 db pads.
$1200

I realize that at first 1200 kinda seems like a lot for the Oktavas... but these are not just a pair of MK-012s, and if you add up everything here it's actually a pretty good deal. The mics were modified by a professional tech with the dorsey modification, which extends the top and bottom and reduces noise. Additionally, they not only come with a set of matched omni, cardioid and hyper-cardioid capsules, but they also come with a LOMO M1 large diaphragm capsule, as well as a Red large diaphragm capsule. The mics sound great, and it kind of pains me to sell them. As I type, I regret. The price is firm. If no one wants them, than I get to keep them.

BSS DPR-402 stereo/ dual mono compressor, limiter, de-esser
$ 650

No, not BBS, BSS! A highly underrated VCA compressor, it is accurate, clean and flexible, but can also pump and dig-in for some cool effected sounds. The de-esser is awesome, and the compressor is great on snare, overheads and vocals. This unit works flawlessly, but the lights on the in/out buttons are out and there is some rack-rash and other cosmetic flaws. It doesn't have to look pretty, it just has to sound pretty.

(2) x Speck ASC-T, racked EQs with transformer option:
$1100

These are excellent sounding parametric equalizers. They can be both surgical and sweetening, and have a very "hi-fi" quality to them. These EQs come with the output transformer option, and are mounted together in a single rack space shelf. More info here: SPECK ASC-T EQ

Sytek MPX4a 4 channel preamp: SOLD
$ 750

LOMO 19A-7 late 50?s LD tube micSOLD
$2000

1972 Oktava MK-13 LD multi-pattern tube mic w/original tube PSU
$1500

This is an extremely rare vintage Russian tube mic. The solid state version (MK 13M), which looks the same only shorter, is a little more common, and can sometimes even be found modified with a tube amplifier, but this mic is the original tube version of the microphone. These early Oktava microphones sound exceptional, and are very similar in sound and build quality to vintage LOMOs. It comes with the original power supply which uses a tube rectifier, and the original shock mount. The power supply has a selection switch for omni, figure-eight and cardioid polar patters. The mic is in excellent condition and sounds incredible, particularly on vocals, acoustic instruments and as a room mic or an overhead. Also comes with the original wooden box for the mic.

Gefell PM750 w/ M70 capsule
$400

Early 70?s German condenser microphone, with M70 cardioid capsule (much nicer and smoother sounding than the original nickel capsule, which is also included). This mic was originally powered with an external PSU, but I had it modified in Germany to accept standard 48V phantom power. This is a unique microphone that has a unique character, I've found it sounds really great on snare drum and have used it on both acoustic and electrical guitars with favorable results.

70's LOMO 82a-5m large diaphragm dynamic mic
$250

This is a pretty cool old russian dynamic mic built by the legendary LOMO factory. This mic reminds of a vintage 421, but with more personality and a little more "beef". It's definitely colored, and definitely is not right for everything. Where I HAVE found it right, is on kick drum, bass amp and guitar amp. It will definitely add some "heft" to the sound, and can be particularly useful when blended in with a "flatter" mic. The mic is not in perfect cosmetic condition, but works perfectly. It has an old-school mini thread, but I use a big shure clip with it which I will include with the mic.

Audix Fusion 6 Drum Mic Kit
$200

I am selling this for a buddy, I think this kit is now discontinued. There are 6 mics total, all in perfect shape with clips and original carrying case. The mics included are:
(3) x f10 dynamics
(1) x f12 dynamic
(2) x f15 small diaphragm condensors

Audix D6 Kick Drum Mic
$150

Yo, check it out this is a popular kick drum mic! It's being sold for a good price! NICE!

THANKS

again, email is better: russianrecording at hotmail dot com

-mike bridavsky
Last edited by Russian Recording on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:36 pm

A lot of sweet stuff! good seeing you again Mike!

Electro-Voice 664
re-cappin' neve

Post by Electro-Voice 664 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:21 am

wow!
amazing console
good luck with yr sales
"Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz. On your five grand stereo."

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 am

Electro-Voice 664 wrote:wow!
amazing console
good luck with yr sales
Thanks... yeah the console is absolutely amazing. I knew I would notice a difference... but had NO idea what a huge difference it would make. It sounds like heroin... 20 channels of the Sphere 900 graphics, 4 channels of inductor based shelving EQs and 25 Sphere m1200 preamps.

palinilap
buyin' gear

Post by palinilap » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:23 am

Just curious, did you sell the Speck M72?

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 am

palinilap wrote:Just curious, did you sell the Speck M72?
yes, sold

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:13 am

DAYUM! A Sphere. Good for you man. Is it the one from Echo Park?

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 am

drumsound wrote:DAYUM! A Sphere. Good for you man. Is it the one from Echo Park?
Hell yeah! It is the one from Echo Park.

best
mike

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Sytek preamp is sold!
API 500V rack and PSU is sold!

The rest, including the 500 series modules is still available! BUY IT!

thanks

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi again!

Alright, I lowered the prices on the Chandler Germanium Compressors, Speck EQs, BSS Compressor (this is a great deal, and a great comp), and vintage Gefell mic.

ALSO... I added some new stuff with descriptions and prices: hamptone tube, hamptone jfet, lomo dynamic mic and a fully loaded pair of dorsey modded mk-012s.

LOMO 19A-7 is sold.
(1) Purple Action is pending...

email me dogs. russianrecording at hotmail dot com

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Just putting in some positive feedback on my buying experience with Mike. Good person to do business with.

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:01 pm

trodden wrote:Just putting in some positive feedback on my buying experience with Mike. Good person to do business with.
thanks trodden. good folks over here in these parts.

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 am

hamptone tube soldddddd

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:27 am

see below
V
V
V
V
V
Last edited by Russian Recording on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Hello again.

The Chandler Germanium Compressor pair is sold. Many awesome items still for sale. Looking for a great xmas gift for your girlfriend, wife, children, nephew, grandparents? I got you covered... here is a cleaned up list of gear I have left:

API 500 series modules:
-(2) Purple Audio Biz MKII preamps $ 650/ea
-(2) API 560B Graphic EQs $ 700/ea

(2) x Dorsey modified Oktava MK-012 with (1) LOMO LD capsule, (1) Red LD capsule, (2) cardioid, (2) hyper-card, (2) omni, (2) 10 db pads.
$1200

I realize that at first 1200 kinda seems like a lot for the Oktavas... but these are not just a pair of MK-012s, and if you add up everything here it's actually a pretty good deal. The mics were modified by a professional tech with the dorsey modification, which extends the top and bottom and reduces noise. Additionally, they not only come with a set of matched omni, cardioid and hyper-cardioid capsules, but they also come with a LOMO M1 large diaphragm capsule, as well as a Red large diaphragm capsule. The mics sound great, and it kind of pains me to sell them. As I type, I regret. The price is firm. If no one wants them, than I get to keep them.

BSS DPR-402 stereo/ dual mono compressor, limiter, de-esser
$ 650

No, not BBS, BSS! A highly underrated VCA compressor, it is accurate, clean and flexible, but can also pump and dig-in for some cool effected sounds. The de-esser is awesome, and the compressor is great on snare, overheads and vocals. This unit works flawlessly, but the lights on the in/out buttons are out and there is some rack-rash and other cosmetic flaws. It doesn't have to look pretty, it just has to sound pretty.

(2) x Speck ASC-T, racked EQs with transformer option:
$1100

These are excellent sounding parametric equalizers. They can be both surgical and sweetening, and have a very "hi-fi" quality to them. These EQs come with the output transformer option, and are mounted together in a single rack space shelf. More info here: SPECK ASC-T EQ

1972 Oktava MK-13 LD multi-pattern tube mic w/original tube PSU
$1500

This is an extremely rare vintage Russian tube mic. The solid state version (MK 13M), which looks the same only shorter, is a little more common, and can sometimes even be found modified with a tube amplifier, but this mic is the original tube version of the microphone. These early Oktava microphones sound exceptional, and are very similar in sound and build quality to vintage LOMOs. It comes with the original power supply which uses a tube rectifier, and the original shock mount. The power supply has a selection switch for omni, figure-eight and cardioid polar patters. The mic is in excellent condition and sounds incredible, particularly on vocals, acoustic instruments and as a room mic or an overhead. Also comes with the original wooden box for the mic.

Gefell PM750 w/ M70 capsule
$400

Early 70?s German condenser microphone, with M70 cardioid capsule (much nicer and smoother sounding than the original nickel capsule, which is also included). This mic was originally powered with an external PSU, but I had it modified in Germany to accept standard 48V phantom power. This is a unique microphone that has a unique character, I've found it sounds really great on snare drum and have used it on both acoustic and electrical guitars with favorable results.

70's LOMO 82a-5m large diaphragm dynamic mic
$250

This is a pretty cool old russian dynamic mic built by the legendary LOMO factory. This mic reminds of a vintage 421, but with more personality and a little more "beef". It's definitely colored, and definitely is not right for everything. Where I HAVE found it right, is on kick drum, bass amp and guitar amp. It will definitely add some "heft" to the sound, and can be particularly useful when blended in with a "flatter" mic. The mic is not in perfect cosmetic condition, but works perfectly. It has an old-school mini thread, but I use a big shure clip with it which I will include with the mic.

Audix Fusion 6 Drum Mic Kit
$200

I am selling this for a buddy, I think this kit is now discontinued. There are 6 mics total, all in perfect shape with clips and original carrying case. The mics included are:
(3) x f10 dynamics
(1) x f12 dynamic
(2) x f15 small diaphragm condensors

Audix D6 Kick Drum Mic
$150

Yo, check it out this is a popular kick drum mic! It's being sold for a good price! NICE!

THANKS

again, email is better: russianrecording at hotmail dot com

-mike bridavsky