Tascam 388 FULLY recapped (Nichicon etc.) pacific northwest

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

shedshrine
deaf.

Tascam 388 FULLY recapped (Nichicon etc.) pacific northwest

Post by shedshrine » Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Available from Cory aka "Sweetbeats" on homerecording.com:

bottom of this link page:
http://homerecording.com/bbs/general-di ... ost3673530

"Posting up here first to see if any pacific northwest members are interested. I'd be willing to drive it a significant distance to deliver or meet a buyer (note I will be in the Tacoma/Seattle area in early June so if you are up that way or on the way from the Willamette Valley in Oregon that would be a great way to meet up and transact). I will not ship it.

If I don't get any interest here it will go on craigslist until the right buyer comes along.

What you get:

-Minty 388 as seen in this thread, FULLY recapped with Nichicon PW, KT and ES MUSE series caps, deep-cleaned ala sweetbeats, sync/repro head relapped, new pinch roller, new capstan belt, machine will be fully calibrated and setup at 250nWb/m with included LPR35 tape...this thing is 100% folks!
-5 reels of bulk-erased BASF LPR35 tape, the right stuff for this machine and non-SSS tape.
-Refurbished RC-71 remote as seen in this thread.
-Official Tascam reprint of the full Service Manual. "

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 pm

what would be a resonable offer on this?

i'm not going to bid (just bought a mint unit and picking it up sunday), just wondering more for my own knowledge than anything.

a PM is fine too if you don't wish to disclose.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Fri May 13, 2011 7:42 am

My apologies for any confusion, this isn't my deck. I reposted Cory's Homerecording forum post over here as I was sure there would be people interested in a top condition 388. He's a great human folks.