FS:BLUE Mouse and Yamaha PM1000 2ch Rack

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

fairdrive
pluggin' in mics

FS:BLUE Mouse and Yamaha PM1000 2ch Rack

Post by fairdrive » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Just relocated and need to raise some cash so I'm selling off a few pieces of gear. I've owned this Mouse for 7 months. Got it from a pawnshop in Georgia I think, through craigslist. Anyway, upon checking it out for the first time I noticed some noise when swiveling the capsule up and down and I was a bit bummed. Called BLUE and the service department said it was a fairly common problem as some wires in the "ears" of the mic were binding and just needed repositioning, and that it was not harmful to the mic. Once the capsule is stationary it's good to go so I just used it as is. BLUE said it's an easy fix but I think their bench fee starts at around $100 plus shipping. Someone with a fair bit of mic knowledge may be able to sort this out themselves.

$550 shipped or pickup in Knoxville, TN. I'd drive around an hour to meet if you wanted.

Also have 2 channels of PM1000 racked up by Nate Dort I think. It's one of the nicest I've seen and works perfectly but it's time to pass it on. Here's the specs he quoted me on the interior:

Original Tamura input and output transformers. EQ points were modified to be more like the Neve frequencies. Should be Wima caps in the EQs, and Nichicons in the rest of the signal path. Probably a FiveFish power supply in it.

The EQ points are 260, 1.6, and 3.3 by the way. Just realized you can't tell from the pics.

$450 shipped or pickup in Knoxville, TN. And once again I'd meet if you were within an hour or so.

Last edited by fairdrive on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

mortimersnerdy
re-cappin' neve

Post by mortimersnerdy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:07 pm

what were the low end points on these I forget .
hi end is 12k fixed right. I use to use one of the PM1000's
for live mixing in late 70's early 80's.
great warm fat sounding consoles.
"Possessions are a way of turning money into problems"
-Brian Eno

fairdrive
pluggin' in mics

Post by fairdrive » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Yeah high end is fixed at 12k. Low end is fixed at 100. I've definitely enjoyed them but cash is king right now. Hawaii's an expensive spot to move back from. Yikes!

premiumdan
steve albini likes it

pm1000 pics

Post by premiumdan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 pm

PM1000's not in my budget, for now...

RAD racking job, though!!!!
U.S. off-shore drilling project: 1.5kHz @ +25db.

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:49 am

That was one of the first few pairs I racked and it lived in my studio for almost a year before I sold it. I used it all over an RPM challenge record. It's one of two that I did with a laser-engraved front panel. A friend of mine has the other. Kinda wish I still had it, but I'm not recording a whole lot right now.

Yes, it has a FiveFish PSU board in it. Antek toroidal power transformer. Here's a shot of the inside. You can see the 4 red WIMA caps for the EQ just below the inductors:

fairdrive
pluggin' in mics

Post by fairdrive » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Awesome. Thanks Nate!

asylumdigital
pushin' record

Post by asylumdigital » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Damn, the rack job on those pm's is awesome!!! Mine are great, but don't look like that...
peace!
Scott Slagle
Asylum Digital Recording Studios
http://www.asylumdigital.com
http://www.twitter.com/scottslagle

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:26 pm

I should also mention that all 7 of the original NPN transistors in each channel were replaced with MPSA18 transistors for lower noise.

fairdrive
pluggin' in mics

Post by fairdrive » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 am

PM1000 sold

Price drop on the Mouse to $550 shipped.