A shitload of Dolby A NR for practically free, SR card compa

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

A shitload of Dolby A NR for practically free, SR card compa

Post by mindbreathe » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:48 pm

I've owned these two Dolby A 24 ch frames for a long time. Between the two of them there are (36) Cat.331 Type A cards, and two power supplies. Dolby A is unquestionably an outdated noise reduction technology but please remember that it was used on most major label records from the mid 70's to the late 80's so you can't really say it sucks. I am willing to part with this gear for a price that even someone with just an eccentric interest in the equipment would be willing to pay for. Furthermore, the frames are compatible with the Cat.431 Type SR cards, so if you wanted to you could just buy them to house those cards that you can find on eBay. Anyways, it's taking space in my storage that I am no longer interested in giving it. The biggest perk is that one of the frames is fully wired to 20' Mogami snakes. If no one wants this gear I'll just cut off the snakes and trash the gear.

Let me know if you want it. Also, unless you paid me extra for my trouble, this would have to be a pick up transaction. The gear is located in Venice, CA.

Best,
Nicholas
silopdx@gmail.com

Tommyca
audio school

Re: A shitload of Dolby A NR for practically free, SR card compa

Post by Tommyca » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:42 am

any chance you still have these?

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:28 am

Tommyca wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:42 am
any chance you still have these?
Hi Tommyca,

I have sitting here, a set of 24 channels of Dolby A noise reduction racks. The blue racks. It's two of them, one 16 channels and the other 8. One powers up fine, the other needs some work, I believe it is just a component or two on the rack itself, probably not too hard to fix up, since both racks are the same, so a tech can compare parts etc. I have the manual as well, and the multi cables as well that connect to the back which are "spade" type connectors.

Normally these go for around $1200 in good working order. I can let them go for far less if you need them. I am located in SoCal, so I can meet half way. If shipping, they are heavy, so you'd pay a fair amount for that. Make me an offer if you want them. Cheers.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Tommyca
audio school

Post by Tommyca » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:27 am

So its the m16 with cat22? do they have the interface cards? if so the 44 or 44H? They may be too ancient for the boss. also their power supplies suck. on the other hand they are easier to repair. Ill see if there is room, maybe the back of a rack. Im sure the boss will not go for 1200. what range are you looking at. I have 6 331 now. so would really only need the 16 rack. also because of the space. I will see what he says,.
What we really need are the 331 cards to go i n our existing xp racks.. the are 2 of them with 24 SR cards each.
What part of town are you in, Im Hollywood / Burbank.
And PS just for info there is a SR XP with its ps3 rack on Ebay in Glendale for $350

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:07 am

Tommyca wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:27 am
So its the m16 with cat22? do they have the interface cards? if so the 44 or 44H? They may be too ancient for the boss. also their power supplies suck. on the other hand they are easier to repair. Ill see if there is room, maybe the back of a rack. Im sure the boss will not go for 1200. what range are you looking at. I have 6 331 now. so would really only need the 16 rack. also because of the space. I will see what he says,.
What we really need are the 331 cards to go i n our existing xp racks.. the are 2 of them with 24 SR cards each.
What part of town are you in, Im Hollywood / Burbank.
And PS just for info there is a SR XP with its ps3 rack on Ebay in Glendale for $350
You're probably better off getting that SR XP... I have to open up mine later today to see what exact cards are in it. And I am not willing to start parting it out. Mine is an M series, probably older than the XP. It has the series cat22 cards in it. Not sure about the rest...

Cheers.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.