WTB: Tascam 388

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Evergreen
gimme a little kick & snare

WTB: Tascam 388

Post by Evergreen » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:06 am

I'm looking for a Tascam 388 in exellent condition(or at least very good) I don't want to be messing around getting things fixed. I would rather find one in the Chicago area and pick it up than have one shipped to me BUT I'm having a hard time finding one local...soooo if you've got one for sale (and will ship) let me know.

Tim

PS if you tape, manual, remote, etc that would be extra awesome.

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:02 am

I have a remote for sale that will work with a 388..I just really wanted to post that all tape machines need care and work all the time..and most every one on the used market will be in need of a once over by an experienced tech..maybe less so with a 388 since its more of a "set and forget" type of machine..but with the age of those things you should always expect and plan for it needing service..

Tell Bojan(you probably know him) that Geoff says hello!!

Evergreen
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Evergreen » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:19 am

oh yeah, i know a tech will most likely need to look it over. i just don't want one were a channel doesn't work, broken knobs, broken VU meters, gooey pinch rollers, some life left in the heads etc...ya know, just fully fuctional.

i do know Bojan...next time i see him i'll tell him "hi" for you...if I'm not to drunk to remember :lol:

Tim

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:46 am

Cool..I will keep my eyes open for you if I hear or see anything about a 388 or comparable machine for sale..

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:04 pm

I saw one in apple music in portland oregon just the other day. I have no idea about it's current state but it looked that part. I think it was around 330 or so. call em up. they're like the local guitar center groovebox assmunch music store so they'd likely come down some in price and give some sort of warranty.

Will