Neve 8108 console, for sale or trade?

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

born2record
audio school

Neve 8108 console, for sale or trade?

Post by born2record » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:20 pm

Hi, My name is Jeff Anderson from Sound Logic LLC. We have a neve 8108 console that I am thinking of trading or selling to get a console with more channels and moving fader automation.

About the neve

It?s in pretty decent shape. I had it totally recapped last October by Dane Beamish (Beamish Electronics, OH) and Mark Owen (Dangerous music NY), and serviced around 6 months ago. One very cool thing is that it has a Beamish routing computer. This takes all of the routing out of the console into an external computer. It is a 32 ch board with the last 8 channels being the highly sought after efx channels. We have replaced all of the labels on the faders and custom made plates for the master section. It looks pretty good.
I have parts for the necam system, but I have no idea how they would work, and I?ve been told it?s not worth messing with.

What I?m looking for.
A large format console that sounds good, is a work horse and has mixing fader automation. Neotek, Otari, API, I?m pretty open to Ideas. I do have to have AT Last 32 Channels, hopefully more.

Some pics of the board can be seen at our site, www.soundlogicrecording.com

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks so much for your time
Jeff
jeff@lafayettestudio.com

765-523-2499
www.soundlogicrecording.com