Vintage Geffell MV692 with M70 cardioid capsule

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Vintage Geffell MV692 with M70 cardioid capsule

Post by soundguy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:38 pm

Vintage Geffell MV692 amplifier with cardiod M70 capsule. Both body and capsule are in really nice condition, the body has a small mark from a shock mount, but its not dented or really beat up as these can sometimes get. Overall the mic is in really nice condition and sonically sounds fantastic. The body has a -10dB pad and a hipass filter. Compared to a KM84 I have here, Id say that the mic is overall bigger and more open sounding, it doesnt have the pronounced upper midrange that 84's tend to have, but they are very similar mics and positively in the same class without even thinking twice. The km84 sorta sounds like a slightly more refined more "polite" circuit with a different sounding capsule, the geffel in comparison sounds larger, more aggressive and a bit more present. The M70 is a nickel capsule, so it has kind of a forward, brighter sound to it however I wouldnt classify this as a "bright" mic by any stretch of the imagination, it has a full, big bottom just with the clarity on top that a nickel capsule yields. This is a really nice mic, the coolest part about it is that it can accept the large diaphragm multi pattern UM70 capsule as well as a few others so its a handy system to build upon. Can run on 12v T power but included is a tuchel to XLR cable which allows for use with modern phantom power. This mic is still available new today (although I dont think the new amplifiers have the pad or hipass filter) however they are sorta pricey. $500 includes free shipping anywhere in the US. Not opposed to an interesting swap, would love to find a UM70 head.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

jca83
carpal tunnel

Post by jca83 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:19 am

i always forget the model but i have a pair of SDC gefells that have the M93 omni capsule.. is this the same barrel/amplifier that i've got?

basically the FET version of the 582...? right?

i am dying to track down a pair of cardioid capsules for 'em, but the omni rocks for now.
that devil bastard protools

Coco
re-cappin' neve

Post by Coco » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:01 am

I am opposite. I have been wanting some omni capsules for my MV692's and M582's. If your mic has a roll off and a pad than it is indeed an MV692. Those mics rock.
I know enough to know that I don't know what I am doing.

Generals and Majors http://www.myspace.com/generalsandmajors

dwelle
buyin' a studio

Post by dwelle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:01 pm

dave, sent you an email...

jca83
carpal tunnel

Post by jca83 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:42 pm

Coco wrote:I am opposite. I have been wanting some omni capsules for my MV692's and M582's. If your mic has a roll off and a pad than it is indeed an MV692. Those mics rock.
actually investigated further. mine are the 691's, same model without pad or filter. ah well. they still rule.

you want to trade the omni capsules for cardioid capsules? pm'ing you...

and by the by, i bought something from dave and he rocked and the shipping and packing were great and all that. buy his stuff!!
that devil bastard protools