juno106, pcm70, km184, 66 fender mustang, mu-tron III, MISC

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

juno106, pcm70, km184, 66 fender mustang, mu-tron III, MISC

Post by toothpastefordinner » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:17 pm

i am realizing i'm not recording as much or as many things as i used to, or thought I would... so I'm going to shed some of this stuff to make moving less painful this summer.

email if you want one or more of these. spam@toothpastefordinner.com - NO PMS PLEASE!!! NO PRIVATE MESSAGES. I DO NOT READ THEM

i will ship all of this stuff via USPS Priority Mail and pack it well so it doesn't get broken. OR YOU CAN PICK IT UP IN COLUMBUS OHIO!!!!! these are all good deals, because i don't want to mess with ebay. i will provide pictures of these things, but ONLY if you are seriously interested, and willing/able to buy it. don't write me and string me along, losers! i don't care if you want it if you can't pay.

1. frostwave fat controller. analog-style sequencer with 16 sliders and tons of knobs/options. awesome to use with analog or midi synths. check this out 4-real. here is the url. http://www.frostwave.com/fatcontroller/index.html - these are selling new for $399-ish. comes with homemade AC adapter which works fine, but you may want to scare up a new 16VAC wall wart if you are OCD about that kinda thing. $260 + shipping (ship is $10 within US)

2. lexicon pcm-70. awesome reverb unit. just don't use it. i love the heck out of it... ebay prices are around $700. comes with partial manual printed from PDF (you can scare up the full one if you want) and power cable. $620 + shipping (ship is $15 within US.)

3. tascam da-38. has about 300 hours on the heads. nice 8-track. i will include an 8-channel RCA-1/4" snake and sync/termination cables with it. comes with manual and power cord too. never used the "head cleaner" on the heads, only cleaned them manually! $240 + shipping (ship is $24 within US)

4. mu-tron III. (H-A-Z) why would i ever use this. i don't know. i think i used it a couple of times. comes w/adapter. $120 + shipping. (ship is $10 within US)

5. fender mustang body/pickguard/neck/parts. the neck is a 1966 B-neck, a bit dirty but not gross, and totally functional. the body is a sanded-down (bare wood) mustang body that's been routed for a bridge humbucker. and the pickguard is a custom one that's got a spot for a bridge humbucker too. i also have a tremolo plate/assembly, bridge, original tuners, control plate, neckplate w/screws, and pots. you can assemble a fender mustang out of this. all you gotta do is paint the body, get some pickups, get some pickguard screws, and wire the whole thing up. $300 including shipping to the USA. (maybe $10-20 more to CA/UK/EU.)

6. CB-700 two-octave glockenspiel. comes with hard case (with handle - it looks a bit like a briefcase) and mallets. sounds nice. looks pretty. $50 + $15 ship to the US.

7. Yamaha FG-412SB acoustic guitar. twelve-string acoustic. pretty. huuuuge neck, so huge that I can't play it (with my regular non-spidery fingers, and my tendonitis.) comes with decent (though not beautiful) hard case, which I would use to pack it, along with bubblewrap. $160 + $20 ship to the US (this would go UPS.)

8. Neumann KM184 mic. with mic clip and removable foam windscreen. in near-mint condition. sounds good, just, you know, i don't really record anymore. $390. free shipping within US.

9. roland juno-106... all six voices work awesomely, in "excellent" (clean with only a few scratches/dings/whatever) physical condition, 100% working condition save for one slider (LFO delay time) being missing. comes with awesome, form-fitting, foam-lined HARD CASE! (hard case alone is worth a lot of $$$$.) this will ship UPS. $340 + 25 for shipping within the US.

10. vox "repeat percussion" pedal - i took it out of its original crappy case and installed it into a regular hammond (cast-aluminum) pedal case. no stomp switch, but i did install a "fast/slow" switch which brings the ping-ping-ping amplitude modulation up into the audio range for ring-moddish sounds. $45 + $6 shipping within US.

again... email me if you're interested... spam@toothpastefordinner.com ... no pms please! i don't check PMs!

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:33 am

I also have a hammond xb-2 with foam-lined hard case and expression pedal... $480, shipping will be expensive so pickup in columbus ohio preferred.

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:35 am

Fat controller and Mustang parts have been sold

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:47 am

mu-tron, glockenspiel, neumann km184 all sold

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:59 am

STILL LEFT WITH LOWERED PRICES

juno-106: $290

hammond xb-2: $450

vox repeat percussion pedal: $35

tascam da-38: $200

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:03 pm

MORE LOWERED PRICES

yamaha fg-412SB - $130 + 20 shipping (or $100 even if you pick up in columbus)

juno-106 $280

space_ryerson
steve albini likes it

Post by space_ryerson » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:35 am

I can't believe no one has bought the Juno. If I had the cash and the space, I would have bought it hands down.

octobre
audio school graduate

Post by octobre » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:28 pm

i also wish i could snag that juno, but i just dropped a fat wad of cash on some new mics.

my girlfriend and i visit your site every week, by the way - assuming you are drew, anyway.
http://plusnine.buhananrecords.com
bu_hanan records - chapel hill, nc

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:18 am

yep it's me. drew. from the internet. "toothpastefordinner.com"

the organ is sold.

drunton
pushin' record

Post by drunton » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:23 pm

Drew is great! I got the Mustang pieces in just a few days - great packing, plus he threw in his CD and this clear blue vinyl looking disk... can't figure out how to get it in my CD player - it's just a bit too big :shock:
- Another toy that helped destroy the noble race of man
- www.corporatelockdown.com

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:26 am

thanks dave. send me a picture of it when you get it together! i just couldn't scrape together the time to paint and assemble it...

lifeintime
gettin' sounds

Post by lifeintime » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:11 pm

You must go to Drew's site and read the cartoons. I liked the "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate." so much, that I had a friend with one of those "make transfers with your printer" setups make one. I now have it on a t-shirt. Imititation and flattery and all that....

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:52 pm

LifeInTime wrote:You must go to Drew's site and read the cartoons. I liked the "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate." so much, that I had a friend with one of those "make transfers with your printer" setups make one. I now have it on a t-shirt. Imititation and flattery and all that....
why would you do that? I sell that t-shirt. for $15. You could have bought it from me, and I wouldn't have to sell my instruments and recording gear.

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/merchandise.php

lifeintime
gettin' sounds

Post by lifeintime » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:45 pm

OK, I screwed up. Where do you want me to send my $15? I showed the graphic to a friend and mentioned how cool it would be on a t-shirt. next thing I know he brought me the transfer.

I apologize profusely.