FS: 3M 1" 8, 1/2" 4, 2 1/4" 2 tks; AG-440-B 2

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

ofajen
pushin' record

FS: 3M 1" 8, 1/2" 4, 2 1/4" 2 tks; AG-440-B 2

Post by ofajen » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:14 pm

Tape gear for sale in central Missouri area. Alas, the needs and priorities of raising small kids lead me offer some truly fine recording gear for sale. I'm willing to consider reasonable offers... please call (573-424-5935) or email (ofajen@coin.org) to discuss, if you have any interest in any of the gear mentioned here. I have a lot of parts, some of which i may have neglected to mention, so feel free to ask.

3M decks:

M-56 1" 8 track in solid working condition - I've used this machine off and on over the last six years or so and it sounds astounding, as 3M decks usually do. The heads still have a lot of life left. It has the usual assortment of small, niggly defects: some remote lamps are burned out and i broke a switch on the remote (i have spares for all these but made the time to make the fixes). I have many spare audio cards, a spare flywheel, belts, a capstan motor, etc. I have a complete manual for the M-56 series.

M-79 1/2"4 track and 1/4" 2 track, both in solid working condition
The M-79s came, through a friend in Tulsa, from Oral Roberts University. The 4 track works well, but one audio card is noisy recording at 30 ips ( i have six spare audio cards available for the M-79, so i'm sure i could find another one that works at both speeds ) I have a complete manual for the M-79 series. I also have a nearly complete spare 1/2" M-79 transport. THe M-79 2 track is in superb condition with no known issues. Good life left on all the heads.

M-23 1/4" 2 track needs connection cables. Separate transport and electronics. This machine also needs a reversing idler, since i loaned one to one of the M-79s. I have a complete manual for the M-23 series. The heads were recently relapped by JRF and have some good life left in them.

also:
Ampex AG -440B 1/4" 2 track in working condition. The 2-track stack was recently checked by JRF and has very little wear at all. I also have a separate, full track mono head stack and a manual for the AG-440 B series. The mono heads show some wear but still work great. I have a fully functional Ampex transport remote, a number of spare AG 440 audio cards, including some Bob Starr eq cards and one of those plug in mike preamp modules for the AG-440.

I also have MRL calibration tapes (1", 1/2" and 1/4"). All are IEC1, 15 ips at 355 nWb/m.

Also, available are at least a dozen reels of unused and slightly used 3M 996 1" tape, six new reels of 1/2" BASF 468 and many reels of 1/4" BASF 911 and AMPEX 456.

Once again, the contact info:
Call Otto at 573-424-5935 or email at ofajen@coin.org

Thanks!