FS: Neve 1272 mic pre $650 USD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

jtienhaara
steve albini likes it

FS: Neve 1272 mic pre $650 USD

Post by jtienhaara » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:45 pm

I need a bunch of portable 14 space racks and am going the DIY route, but it's still going to cost me a whack of money so...

FS: Neve 1272 $650 USD

Racked by Matrix Audio, here's the original description of it:
mmatrix wrote: FS: Neve 1272 mic preamp
Selling a single channel (1) Neve 1272 mic preamp...professionally racked in a 2RU with external power supply...-20dB pad and 48V phantom power (both switchable)...all ORIGINAL NEVE PARTS....Neve BA283 amp card(fully loaded and new electrolytic caps), St. Ives input transformer, but it has a Jensen output transformer(I'm all out of LO1166 transformers)...INDIVIDUAL stepped attenuators to control the gain on both the input and output gain stages separately...also a "Control" knob which controls the signal flow between the 2 gain stages...Both XLR transformer balanced output and a 1/4" unbalanced output (before the transformer)...Great Neve sound with alot of flexibility (because you can control both gain stages individually)...Great deal for $660 + shipping.

Pics available. Send your email address if you want pics. Serious buyers only please.

thx

Jim
Matrix Audio
(610) 337-4343
Photos:

More photos (innards)

I'm asking $650 USD + shipping. PayPal or money order (or direct deposit for Canucks). Also if you have some of the parts I need, and you'd be willing to cover shipping to me (Victoria B.C. Canada) then I'd happily deduct the Redco price. I'm looking for connectors, rack blank panels, rack shelves, and rack rails.

Questions etc PM or email me jtienhaara@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Johann Tienhaara
jtienhaara@yahoo.com
(250) 592-1220
Victoria, B.C., Canada
http://www.brasstusk.com

Family Hoof
buyin' a studio

Post by Family Hoof » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:34 am

If the lid is still off would you mind posting the model number of that Jensen output transformer? "JT-XXX-XX" or "RE-XXX", etc. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

jtienhaara
steve albini likes it

Post by jtienhaara » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:56 pm

Hi Family Hoof. I don't have the lid off at the moment but I do have a blurry photo of the tranny which looks to be JT-123-SL:

(The mondo huge version is a whee bit easier to read)

Jensen tranny specs (PDF)

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Johann

jam
audio school

Re: FS: Neve 1272 mic pre $650 USD

Post by jam » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 pm

email sent

jtienhaara
steve albini likes it

Post by jtienhaara » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Sold a few years ago, sorry.

Cheers & happy new year!