Trade a racked API preamp for a raw Neve 1272 module..

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

jrepro
steve albini likes it

Trade a racked API preamp for a raw Neve 1272 module..

Post by jrepro » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:04 am

I have a Preamp made from all API parts. Killer sounding on everything! This one has a DI for bass guitar too. Simplistic format. One knob for Gain, One DI jack and a switch to go from Mic to DI. That is all it has on the front panel. The back has XLR connector for Mic, and a TRS output connector. The unit has an external power supply that I will include. Racked in a box with a Black 2U faceplate. Looks and sounds excellent. This preamp uses an original API 325 card with an early 2520 opamp, and original 2503 output transformer. Proper 1:10 ratio on the input transformer.

Only looking to trade for a raw NEVE 1272 line amp module. Value is pretty much the same. About in the $600 range.

jre_productions@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Joe

thearnicasync
buyin' gear

Post by thearnicasync » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:54 pm

What kind of input transformer does it have?

The 325 is a line amp...

jrepro
steve albini likes it

Post by jrepro » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:21 pm

Yes the 325 is a line amp. With component changes on the same board it can be made schematically identical to a 312 card, which is a mic preamp. Once it is schematically made identical, a transformer is added. The tranformer in this box is mounted seperately from the card. The is so you do not have to physically modify the card. The transformer is a 1:10 ratio which is identical to the original preamp. This one is currently set up with a Jensen "style" tranformer. But I do not see any identification on it. I can also easily switch it over to a Beyer if someone would prefer, but to be honest, this is a killer sounding preamp. It sounds identical to my API 312 preamps, better than my API 512 preamps and includes a power supply as is plug and play...

Joe