WTB: ARP SE-IV String Ensemble- ANY condition.......

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

silvertonejones
alignin' 24-trk

WTB: ARP SE-IV String Ensemble- ANY condition.......

Post by silvertonejones » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:06 am

Hey guys(and ladies too!) anyone out there have an ARP Solina they're not using? I tcan be beat to shit, it doesn't matter..Mine fell from about 4 feet and it's DEAD..I need another ASAP!......Thanks so much yawls!

Eric

www.myspace.com/dirtfloorstudio
eric lichter

kikocoolray
gettin' sounds

Post by kikocoolray » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:29 pm

hey there. I don't have an ARP, but I do have a Korg Poly Ensemble S, like the one pictured here: http://www.pmerecords.com/Keyboards/Kor ... mbleS.html

I actually don't know much about the ARP, but this is supposedly Korg's attempt to compete with it.

Interested?

silvertonejones
alignin' 24-trk

yes, i'll take it!

Post by silvertonejones » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:20 pm

hey man, i want it.....i sent you a PM...
eric lichter

pulse_divider
steve albini likes it

Post by pulse_divider » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:13 pm

FWIW and IMO, the Korg PE-2000 kicks the shit out of the Solina soundwise.
Very different beasts....

The Solina is a really simple divide down tone generator with a fancy triple-chorus ensemble effect to make it sound fuller. Turn off the chorus and it sounds like crap.

The Korg has 3 independent detunable oscillators (divide-down, of course) to achieve the same effect. Sounds much,much richer and more organic, and is capable of sounding like something other than just chorusey disco strings. The pipe organ and choir presets are killer, too. Borrows technology from the crazy rare and expensive PS-3300. And it's built into a flightcase!

I happen to think that the Korg Poly-ensemble S is one of the best, if not the absolute best, sounding string machines ever made (though I'd love to get my hands on a Yamaha SS-30 someday). And if you want the standard chorusey disco string sound, hunt down an MTI Analog String Ensemble (another sleeper) and I'd be shocked if you aren't happy with the results.

Good luck.

???????
resurrected

Post by ??????? » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:48 pm

how much would you sell yr dead one for? I may be into trying to fix it if the price is right! :D

tonewoods
buyin' a studio

Post by tonewoods » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:12 pm

I've got one I'd let go of....

Cosmetically challenged, but works fine...

Located in the Pacific NW....

"You see, the whole thing about recording is the attempt at verisimilitude--not truth, but the appearance of truth."
Jerry Wexler

silvertonejones
alignin' 24-trk

Hey yawls, still looking for a Solina!

Post by silvertonejones » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:05 am

Well after getting led on by super doofus "Tonewoods", i'm still without a Solina String Ensemble, and i NEEDS one!..So if anyone has one they're selling, well, hit me up!
eric lichter