WTB: Rhodes / Wurlitzer

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

MechaGodzilla
gettin' sounds

WTB: Rhodes / Wurlitzer

Post by MechaGodzilla » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:10 pm

I'm in the market for a rhodes or wurlitzer (or something similar that I haven't heard of). Maybe someone has an extra? :D

I'm in Seattle, and I'd like to stay under $400. ...So it'd be alright if it needs some TLC.

Mike Derrick
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Mike Derrick » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:07 am

You might want to check out my ad for "analog keyboard" a little further down the Buy/Sell/Trade list. It's definitely in the Rhodes/Wurlitzer family of keyboard sounds and feels.
It has piano and electric piano sounds which are probably closer to a wurlitzer, although not quite the same aggresive bite as the wurlizter can get.
Other sounds as well. Also has it's own suitcase case just like a rhodes, although the keyboard is much smaller and lighter (40lbs.)
I live about 10 minute drive from the Peace Arch crossing just North of you on the I-5, drop by if you are ever up this way and you can check it out and see if it suits what you are looking for.
However I am asking more than your stated budget...
Email or PM me and I'll send ya my phone number if you're interested.

~ mike

tonewoods
buyin' a studio

Post by tonewoods » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:03 am

I've got one of the old wooden Whirlys for sale in Bellingham, but I don't think it's gonna come in under 400.00....
"You see, the whole thing about recording is the attempt at verisimilitude--not truth, but the appearance of truth."
Jerry Wexler

MechaGodzilla
gettin' sounds

Post by MechaGodzilla » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:08 pm

tonewoods wrote:I've got one of the old wooden Whirlys for sale in Bellingham, but I don't think it's gonna come in under 400.00....
Yeah, I don't blame you. Wurli's are fantastic. How much are you thinking?