MCI JH416B CONSOLE

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

marcata
audio school graduate

MCI JH416B CONSOLE

Post by marcata » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:57 am

MCI JH416B 24 Track Analog console for sale. Was at Marcata Recording for 6 years, the Walkmen's studio up in Harlem. It was moved out of there in April and has been stored at a studio upstate. When it was put in storage, everything worked. It had been kept up and runnning in good shape the entire time we had it in a non-smoking environment. These boards sound great, with great mic pres and eqs, are easy to use. They do require maintenance every so often, but it's not as bad as people make it sound. $3500 is a great price for this board. Please inquire only if you are serious. Thanks!

there are a couple photos here:
http://www.marcata.net/mci/

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:40 pm

This is a great console I have worked on it.

Are you guys closing up shop??? is that a rumor? Can I have my book back? ;)

tateeskew
steve albini likes it

Post by tateeskew » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:54 am

someone buy this. i love mine. great rock desk.

victor
studio intern

Post by victor » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:39 am

pm sent.

marcata
audio school graduate

Post by marcata » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:09 pm

hi joel, how are things? the rumors are true. we cleared out our harlem space back in april. our lease was up and that was that. our house engineer kevin mcmahon moved some of the gear upstate to an amazing space in new paltz and he's just starting to do sessions there. there are pics up at marcata.net. now about that book... :?

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:46 pm

marcata wrote:hi joel, how are things? the rumors are true. we cleared out our harlem space back in april. our lease was up and that was that. our house engineer kevin mcmahon moved some of the gear upstate to an amazing space in new paltz and he's just starting to do sessions there. there are pics up at marcata.net. now about that book... :?
;)

jmpizzoferrato
gettin' sounds

jh

Post by jmpizzoferrato » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:51 am

i almost bought this board. i still kick myself for not buying just about every day. i didnt because i was moving my studio into a very old house with a very narrow stairway and very weak power. i dont think i couldve gotten it up stairs and it probably wouldve blown a fuse every time i turned it on. now i'm moving into a new great space, three months later and wish i had the money now that i did then!!

this seems like a very nice board for the money!

marcata
audio school graduate

Post by marcata » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:28 pm

looks like we've found a buyer! they've put a deposit down so unless something crazy happens, this console is no longer available.