FS: Fender Precision Bass 1957 Reissue

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

FS: Fender Precision Bass 1957 Reissue

Post by tiger vomitt » Mon May 14, 2007 1:26 pm

ive had this bass a little over a month. the fingerboard's too big for my hands (my fingers are kind of short i guess). it sounds amazing - soft, pretty and coma inducing or totally huge and powerful, really a fantastic sound. cuts thru a mix without being clangy or trebley. it doesnt weigh a lot too, which is nice of course

stays in tune REALLY well. like dont play it for a few days, then show up to a rehearsal after being on the subway, take it out of the bag and it's in tune. balances perfectly on a strap. looks great too.

im kind of annoyed that i have to sell it. but id play it for a few hours and feel like my left wrist was going to crumble like a cookie. it totally didnt work for me. i got a jazz bass today to replace it. im selling the p bass for what i paid, $700 plus shipping

here's the original auction description (pics are his too, yes it still looks the same):
You are looking at a great Fender reissue of the legendary '57 P-Bass. This bass was made in Japan and the serial number dates it from 1992-1993. I am the original owner and the bass has been used but not abused...it's in great condition. Era-correct 2-tone sunburst finish, gold anodized pickguard and gloss maple neck. The electronics have been completely upgraded, including an SPB-1 vintage P-bass pickup from Seymour Duncan, CTS pots and high quality chrome knobs. This is one great-sounding P-bass that sounds exactly like you would want a '57 p-bass to sound...big, warm and punchy. It is currently strung with Fender flatwounds to complete the vibe...definitely nails the vintage p-bass tone that never seems to go out of style. You won't be disappointed with this great-looking and great-sounding bass.

feel free to PM me with any questions!

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Mon May 14, 2007 5:22 pm

Ach, dude, you're kidding me!!!! Sorry it didn't work out.

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

Post by tiger vomitt » Mon May 14, 2007 10:45 pm

i know, ive been thru like 1000 basses already. BUT as of this morning, the quest is OVER. i got a super sweet jazz bass for not a ton of money. feels great with my hobbit hands