Neve 5402 line mixer!!!! 20 channels, 2 pre's all discrete!

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Neve 5402 line mixer!!!! 20 channels, 2 pre's all discrete!

Post by joel hamilton » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:32 pm

FS: Neve 5402 console. 10 stereo channels. amazing if you have a 16 I/O DAW setup. Forget about a summing box, this thing is amazing. use the first 8 faders for all 16 channels, with two stereo returns left over for parallell compression, or real OTB verb returns. The console is only 29" wide by 31" deep! I used it here at Studio G as line level returns for protools 25-32 and reverb and FX returns. it sounds great! there are two aux sends on every channel and you get two more full size P&G faders for the 70 Db, all discrete mic pre's! I would usually return my tape echo's to those two channels because the neve mic pre was quite nice for make up gain. We also have a nice birch ply stand we had custom made for the console if you want it, as a part of the package. The power supply is by Acopian, and totally dialed in by Ed Anderson at purple audio, also by Dan Zellman. Completely re-capped one year ago, and it doesnt run very hot, so the caps are still rocking. The channels are really simple, clean, discrete Neve goodness, with a classic Neve master section. There are a few spare cards for in the back, like the amplifier card for the built in confidence monitor. That is not working, but is totally complete. Comes with all the plessey multipin connectors, with about 6 or 7 feet of mogami connected to the inputs, the Main L-R outs, and the auxes. The mogami terminates without connectors as it was hardwired to our old console. Put XLRs on it if you want, or whatever you are using.... One channel is not passing signal, which started not long ago and we knew we were moving on from this cool thing, so we never fixed it. The channels are very simple, electronically, so it cant be anything too crazy, and might have just been a wiring issue that we never got around to. This thing is vintage, and requires upkeep and cleaning. We only just decomissioned it right before tapeopcon, literally one day before. It hasnt been sitting very long.. like a week now. We used it for a few years solid before that on many records.. like soulive, made out of babies, lettuce, battle of mice, book of knots, unsane, and many many more. The scribble strip was custom made and velcro'd on there, so you can just use a dry erase marker on those white surfaces!
This is sold as is, but i will be totally available for questions and help with tech finding and stuff like that.

We got a good deal on it, so we are selling it WAY low for a classic neve: $4750 takes it.
NOT MUCH MORE THAN A PLAIN OLD SUMMING BOX!!!! The acopian power supply was 550 alone!

We can NOT ship this thing, so you need to pick it up. It fits in the trunk of a car if you put the power supply in the back seat. thats how it got here!
The console is in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. NYC.

Email Me or tony or Marc about this if you are interested.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:19 am

might be sold.

Email me if you are serious, because it might go in the next few days!

A great chance to get into a Neve console! For getting out of the box, you cant really get better than a neve, and this one wont eat up your space.

Such a great thing... 20 channels, 2 pre's... under 3 feet wide!

TA
alignin' 24-trk

Post by TA » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:31 am

That is a great deal man!

:cry: I....need...m..o..r..e.....M..o..N..e...y... :cry:

Man, i only wish I had the cash... thats would be a sweet add.

mrdibs
gettin' sounds

Post by mrdibs » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:51 pm

Two words... Dro ool...

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:33 am

I think this is SOLD. last chance to PM or email if interested. This is a total score for someone...

ianbell
audio school

Re: Neve 5402 line mixer!!!! 20 channels, 2 pre's all discrete!

Post by ianbell » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:31 pm

Anyone have any pics of one of these?

Cheers

Ian
Ian Thompson-Bell
www.customtubeconsoles.com