FS: Les Paul Standard AA Top

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

chetatkinsdiet
buyin' a studio

FS: Les Paul Standard AA Top

Post by chetatkinsdiet » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:31 am

This is the one you want. This one is in great shape and is one of the best looking guitars I've seen. The top is killer. It sounds just like you'd expect as well. This one has the fast 60s neck. It's in a banged up Gibson brown case. The only reason that I'm considering selling this one is that I'm looking to finance a new acoustic or archtop purchase. You know how it is...if something comes in, something's got to go.
I'm looking to get $1800 for this one...a steal considering the regular LP Std models from GC or musiciansfriend go for $2300 now. The top on this one's worth an extra $200-300 easy.

later,

m
The only true great mic on this planet is the Shure SM-57. It is the most consistant in not totally sucking of anything ever built. All other mics are "application dependant".

-- Fletcher

???????
resurrected

Re: FS: Les Paul Standard AA Top

Post by ??????? » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:42 am

chetatkinsdiet wrote:It sounds just like you'd expect as well.
For a new Gibson, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. :lol:

I'm just kiddin by the way, i'm sure it's a fine instrument and I hope you get top dollar for it.

chetatkinsdiet
buyin' a studio

Post by chetatkinsdiet » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:05 pm

...sounds just like you'd expect a Les Paul to sound that cost over $2K. The other ones.....Studio, Classic, Robot and all others are something else. This one's a real Les Paul. Side by side with my vintage and custom shop models, this one's right there.

I hear ya though....I'm not a fan of Gibson the company either. They do some goofy things and put a lot of new guitars out the door with simple QA issues....All of my guitars have been professionally set up where needed and little issues were taken care of long ago. ...if there were any to begin with.

m
The only true great mic on this planet is the Shure SM-57. It is the most consistant in not totally sucking of anything ever built. All other mics are "application dependant".

-- Fletcher

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:47 am

I do luves me a Cherryburst Les Paul!