FA: Sytek MPX-4Aii w/Burr-Brown Ch. 3-4 (Special Offer)

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

bradb
pushin' record

FA: Sytek MPX-4Aii w/Burr-Brown Ch. 3-4 (Special Offer)

Post by bradb » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:34 pm

This is now on ebay for auction, if you are a tape-op message board member, and you win, PM me and I'll pay for domestic shipping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sytek-MPX-4Aii-4-Ch ... 0204700384
Last edited by bradb on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bradb
pushin' record

Post by bradb » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:53 pm

bump for special offer

jckinnick
buyin' a studio

Post by jckinnick » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:22 pm

Hey I sent you a question on Ebay and then came here and saw it was someone from this message board. I have $500 would you be willing to take that for it.

bradb
pushin' record

Post by bradb » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:22 pm

Besides being unfair to everyone who has already bid, what financial incentive would I have to accept your offer?

just curious...

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:32 am

bradb wrote:Besides being unfair to everyone who has already bid, what financial incentive would I have to accept your offer?

just curious...
yep... circumventing the auction process is pretty lame. contacting a seller and asking to move the transaction off of ebay is pretty shady. why not just play by the rules?

besides, these things usually go for $600+ on the used market...

nipsy
pushin' record

Post by nipsy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:23 pm

subatomic pieces wrote:
bradb wrote:Besides being unfair to everyone who has already bid, what financial incentive would I have to accept your offer?

just curious...
yep... circumventing the auction process is pretty lame. contacting a seller and asking to move the transaction off of ebay is pretty shady. why not just play by the rules?

besides, these things usually go for $600+ on the used market...

maybe the cat is broke and is trying to catch a break? I know I've done it before, and I dont consider myself to be shady...

There's a ton of syteks out there. Hell, even Mike gave me a deal when I asked for one.............

Think of the karma yo, give it to him for $500 bones....
I hate those icon thingys'.....

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Post by kayagum » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:59 am

nipsy wrote:maybe the cat is broke and is trying to catch a break? I know I've done it before, and I dont consider myself to be shady...
Being broke doesn't give you an excuse to do an end-around. You may think you're not shady, but others may beg to differ.

nipsy
pushin' record

Post by nipsy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:59 am

kayagum wrote:
nipsy wrote:maybe the cat is broke and is trying to catch a break? I know I've done it before, and I dont consider myself to be shady...
Being broke doesn't give you an excuse to do an end-around. You may think you're not shady, but others may beg to differ.
beg away, but change starts in the smallest of places...

its okay to be nice....

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:13 am

nipsy wrote:
kayagum wrote:
beg away, but change starts in the smallest of places...

its okay to be nice....
a good place to change would be to stop trying to circumvent a legitimate auction system where people count on other users' honesty and fairness.

it is okay to be nice... and, being honest and not trying to cheat auctions is pretty nice.

the real karma comes into play when people who try to cheat the auction system end up being cheated themselves.

It's okay to be honest.

If the seller wanted to just "be nice" and earn some TapeOp karma, he could have easily listed it here for best offer. I assume that since he's auctioning a good, useful piece of gear that he's probably broke too. Is he still krushing his karma by not selling it way below the going rate?

c'mon... hippy. ;)

nipsy
pushin' record

Post by nipsy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:39 am

subatomic pieces wrote:
c'mon... hippy. ;)

those are fighting words.............

I guess it depends where you are comming from. Sometime in ones life, you'll have to gamble on the sincerity of others. It mght pay off, or you might get fucked. But if one constantly hedges the dark side of the force, you'll never get to dance with the ewoks...........

(and I've only had two mimosa's....)

okgb
alignin' 24-trk

Post by okgb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:25 pm

You can help someone and never get helped back , or not by the same person , but you do things because you want to , not because you expect
a certain outcome , which may come but equally be disappointed .

Who doesn't want as much as they can get because they've spent too much
on other things or buy into other hype , so as Nick Lowe said

What's so funny about peace love & understanding ?

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

Post by T-rex » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Subatomic is the TOMB Moral Compass! :D :D :wink:

I think this thread is so funny cause I actually contacted Brad when I saw he was auctioning a Sytek which I was looking for, to see if he would sell it outright. I can't access ebay from my day gig, but I saw the post immediately and sent a pm asking if he would sell it outright to a fellow tape opper. When I realized someone had already made a bid I withdrew my request cause its totally uncool to take something out from under someone who already bid and I wouldn't want to do that.

BUT with that said, I hate ebay and would circumvent it any chance I got. I use it when I absolutely have to. But there isn't much fair about ebay. It's all crazy - people paying more than new retail for a used product (good for the seller), crazy listing fees (bad for the seller) and over and over again losing auctions by getting sniped at the last minute by some one using a sniping program or service. I buy and sell whenever possible on the Tape Op and Gearslutz boards for the exact reasons posted above.

I just think it's funny to try to play fair by the ebay rules? :shock: Ebay is definitely in need of a good hippy karma dose!
Last edited by T-rex on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Asked whether his shades are prescription or just to look cool]
Guy: Well, I am the drummer.

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

Post by T-rex » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:14 pm

BTW - BUMP!!
[Asked whether his shades are prescription or just to look cool]
Guy: Well, I am the drummer.

bradb
pushin' record

Post by bradb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Good discussion. I'll reserve comment until after the auction is over.

Jon Nolan
tinnitus

Post by Jon Nolan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:30 am

if shady means "dishonest," then I don't think that what jckinnick did was dishonest. if i understand the ebay rules correctly about ending an auction early , then it's within the sellers rights to remove it if it's no longer for sale. like, if my best friend shows up and says "i'll give you $500 for that sytek," then i can cancel my auction and sell it. if bradb thought jckinnicks offer was too low (which it was, which he did) then he can say "no." wheres the harm in that? and indeed, it never hurts to ask. it's not out of the realm of possibility that he needed cash badly, and might take it. happens all the time.
kayagum wrote:

awwww, kayagum, come one now! :) I know nispy personally, and he's not shady.

i dunno fellers. i'm keeping my ears open. i'm listening to y'allz. but, i'm pretty sure i've always listed "i reserve the right to end this auction early," and i dont think this is an unfair policy.

bradb was offered $500 for his sytek. he said no. the end. right?

hugz,
j-no