FS: Soundcraft 400B with Road Case - $800

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Podgorny
audio school

FS: Soundcraft 400B with Road Case - $800

Post by Podgorny » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:42 am

This is my mixing console.

It is a 24-channel Soundcraft 400B with an Anvil road case. I purchased it from a professional sound reinforcement company almost seven years ago when I was doing a lot of live sound. After I moved to Nashville it spent sometime as the centerpiece of my home studio. Since I've been working professionally as a recording engineer, and no longer have a home studio, I figure it's time to get this out of my living room and into the hands of someone who appreciates it.

Because I wanted to make sure it was 100% working before I sold it, the power supply was recapped, and the whole console was gone-over by the fine folks at Creation Audio Labs. This console is very clean, and if taken care-of, should give another twenty years of service. It is fully modular, so if you ever have trouble, you can remove the problematic channel for repair, and still use the console. This also means that because components are not all mounted to a single PCB, the console is MUCH more sturdy than say a Mackie or an Allen & Heath. The mic preamps and EQ are both excellent, and sonically this thing is worlds better than the Mackies and Yamahas everyone seems to be unloading on eBay.

There are currently two 400Bs on eBay, one for $900+shipping (without a case) and one for $1200+shipping, and neither is in as good-condition as this one. And a there was a 24-channel 400B with a road case on the Kansas City Craiglist that went for $1100. Since I really don't want to deal with eBay, I'm going to offer it to a fellow TOMB member for $800+shipping.

The issues - There are two. One, some meter bulbs are burned out. I opted to not have them replaced when the console was at Creation Audio Labs because frankly, I don't care. They're incandescent bulbs, and are just going to burn out again. The other thing is that the scribble strip is missing. It was cracked when I got the console, and I decided to remove it completely, and just use console tape. I always thought that I'd replace it someday, but never did.

The console comes with the power supply and power supply cable as well as an Anvil ATA road case. I'll also throw in a copy of the manual on CD if you want.

Shipping in the lower 48 should be about $120.

If you have any questions or want to see more pictures, please give me a call at (615) 491-3472 or PM me here.

Soundcraft 400B
24 Channel
4/8 Bus Configuration
Transformerless Mic Pres with 60dB of gain and 20dB Pad
100Hz Hi-Pass Filter
Classic 4-band British EQ with sweepable mid bands & bypass
4 Aux Sends (Sends 1&2 switchable pre/post)
Smooth 100mm Faders
External Power Supply
Additional Meter option (for monitoring all Eight Tape Returns Simultaneously)
Individual Channel Phantom Power Switching Option
Anvil ATA Case with Doghouse (L58" x W12" x H34")
The total weight is 140lbs.
$800+shipping

Image Image Image
Last edited by Podgorny on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

nipsy
pushin' record

Post by nipsy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am

great board....
I hate those icon thingys'.....

honkyjonk
dead but not forgotten

Post by honkyjonk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:38 pm

Boy, that looks like a hell of a deal. Especially w/ the recapped p.s. and Creation's having approved it.

Go Go Power Rangers!
Stilgar, we've got wormsign the likes of which God has never seen!

snatchman
george martin

Post by snatchman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:55 am

What are the dimension , weight, on this board? Oh yeah. Does it have tape in or just line inputs? Can you tack a picture of the back? Thanks.........

Podgorny
audio school

Post by Podgorny » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:37 am

Hey Snatchman,

The case is 58" x 12" x 34" (L x W x H), and the total weight is 140lbs.
It should cost somewhere around $120 to ship it anywhere in the lower 48.

As far as the connections go, it has eight tape returns in a split console configuration. For more details on how it works, I suggest you check out the Soundcraft 400b User Guide.

Oh, and because I want this thing out my way, I've lowered the price to $900.
Kyle Mann - Engineer/Producer
www.kylemann.com

Podgorny
audio school

Post by Podgorny » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Bumpitybump
www.kylemann.com

snatchman
george martin

Post by snatchman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:51 am

Podgorny wrote:Hey Snatchman,

The case is 58" x 12" x 34" (L x W x H), and the total weight is 140lbs.
It should cost somewhere around $120 to ship it anywhere in the lower 48.

As far as the connections go, it has eight tape returns in a split console configuration. For more details on how it works, I suggest you check out the Soundcraft 400b User Guide.

Oh, and because I want this thing out my way, I've lowered the price to $900.
Hello. I tried the link and didn't come up for me. What are the consoles dimensions it self? Also, are the inserts balanced? Thanks...

Podgorny
audio school

Post by Podgorny » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:35 pm

snatchman,

No, the inserts are not balanced. This is because in a project studio situation, cable runs are usually so short that leaving line-level signals unbalanced is actually better than running through the circuitry required to balance the signal.

If you're thinking of integrating this into a studio with giant remote TT patchbay, you should probably look elsewhere. But for under a couple grand, I cannot think of a better sounding console than these old Soundcrafts.

I won't be able to get exact measurements on the console until tomorrow or Thursday, but I'm going to guess it's somewhere around 42" wide and 28" deep.
www.kylemann.com

lharless
takin' a dinner break

Post by lharless » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:55 pm

still got it?