Mics and gear for sale; A-Designs MP1 pre, AEA R84, etc.

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Mics and gear for sale; A-Designs MP1 pre, AEA R84, etc.

Post by centurymantra » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:19 am

A-Designs MP1 mic preamp; $625
This is a really nice tube preamp with an excellent sounding D.I. input. This unit currently has brand new input and output tubes with only a couple hours on them. I also have a really nice Tung-Sol EF806 SG / 6267 tube that should still have a lot of hours left in, and this will be included.

Sebatron VMP-4000e four-channel tube preamp; $1,250+shipping SOLD
Awesome, and really versatile preamp. Includes manual and original box.

Groove Tubes Brick; $275 + shipping SOLD
In perfect condition w/ original box and packing material

Remote Audio HN-7506 "high noise environment" isolation headphones; $175 + shipping SOLD
These are awesome isolating headphones. These are the type of phones you will see folks wearing in helicopters, on airstrips, in NASCAR racetrack teams, etc. They use the Sony 7506 drives inside an extreme isolation casing. You can use these for positioning mics on guitar amps, on snare drums, etc. Great for drummers to use when tracking, and pretty much an ultimate accessory for those with a one-room studio setup. Read about them here; Remote Audio HN-7506 The set I am selling here have been well taken care of and are in excellent condition.

Little Labs STD Mercenary edition; $100 + shipping
Instrument cable extender/signal splitter - perfect condition w/ original box. Read about it here; Little Labs STD

Electro-Voice N/D468; $100.00, including shipping
Mint condition; includes clip, zippered pouch and original box.

AEA R84; $750, including shipping
Includes the padded storage bag. The connector at the end of the attached cable is a bit scratched up, but outside of that, is in excellent overall condition. I'm keeping the glow in the dark t-shirt that came with it. :)

BLUE Mouse; $750, shipping included
Includes it's nice wooden case - no shock mount. This is one of the original Blue Mouses and is the black one with the transformer that everyone wants.

Also, I was going to put this one up on Ebay due to the funky nature of the item. It's a Shure SM82 that might be working. I've had this one for awhile. It's an oddball mic that has a built in line amplifier and peak limiter...it outputs line level and needs a battery (which isn't made anymore) or phantom power. I think it was mainly intended for broadcast applications, but have heard it may be a "secret weapon" acoustic guitar mic. I don't have an outboard phantom power to properly test it right now. Back when I first got it, I did manage to do some preliminary testing, and seem to remember that I wasn't sure if it was really working properly...just remember it seeming kinda funky. I set it aside with the intent of getting back to it, but it has just sat in the mic closet since then. You can read about the mic here; http://www.coutant.org/sm82/index.html

Here's a pic of mine...feel free to make an offer on this one.

One last thing...I've also got this weird old Dictaphone mic. You'd prob. have to re-terminate it to use it, but it's free to the first person buying a mic who wants it.
Last edited by centurymantra on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:24 am, edited 13 times in total.

Bryan
Shoeshine Recording Studio
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm

bklynpete
studio intern

Post by bklynpete » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:01 pm

pm'd

gevermil
takin' a dinner break

Post by gevermil » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:58 am

PM

Sean Shannon
pushin' record

Post by Sean Shannon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:17 pm

How do you like those Earthworks speakers?
Check your mix in mono.
www.mixmonsterz.com

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:23 pm

Sean Shannon wrote:How do you like those Earthworks speakers?
In a word...I love 'em. The big bonus on these speakers is that, aside from being nice studio monitors, they are also fun to just listen to music on. I honestly don't have a lot of experience with other monitors to compare them to, but have been quite impressed. I believe they translate well too.

Bryan
"Pop music is sterile, country music is sterile. That's one of the reasons I keep going back to baseball" - Doug Sahm

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:36 am

Updated list, added a couple pics.

Bryan

rjd2
steve albini likes it

Post by rjd2 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:14 pm

just a note, i bought an m160 from bryan, and it was in phenomenal shape, shipped timely. great seller!!

GetHimEatHim
takin' a dinner break

Post by GetHimEatHim » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Yeah, I bought an m160 as well and it showed up fast, well-packed and in PERFECT condition.

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:13 pm

GetHimEatHim wrote:Yeah, I bought an m160 as well and it showed up fast, well-packed and in PERFECT condition.
:^: Enjoy the mic!

..and a bump for updates and additions.

Bryan

lunatic
steve albini likes it

Post by lunatic » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:11 pm

PM sent on the Sebatron.
Brad Smalling
Evergroove Studio
A Solar Powered Colorado Recording Studio

grahamed
audio school graduate

Post by grahamed » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:57 am

Another positive vote here for Bryan as a seller - I bought Bryan's e609, and it arrived quickly and in perfect condition.

Thanks Bryan!

nine99nine
audio school

GT Brick

Post by nine99nine » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:31 pm

This is a seriously awesome price for the GT Brick Pre/DI... Someone please take advantage of the great deal!

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:38 am

PM'd

re: brick
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

AK Audio
gettin' sounds

Black Mouse

Post by AK Audio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Hey, just wondering if you have sold the mouse yet. I'd be very interested. If it's still available contact me at:

iplaydabass@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot.

lunatic
steve albini likes it

Post by lunatic » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Got the Sebatron today! Bryan packaged it really well - double boxed. Very nice! I've already tested it with an SM7 and even ran a mix through it. I'm in love...

Thanks for being a great seller, Bryan :^:
Brad Smalling
Evergroove Studio
A Solar Powered Colorado Recording Studio