FT: my AKG 414 TLII for your 414 B-ULS

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

DrummerMan
george martin

FT: my AKG 414 TLII for your 414 B-ULS

Post by DrummerMan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:17 am

Hi, I've got this AKG 414 TLII. I bought it a few months before they started with the "XL" line of 414's.

It works perfectly. I like it. I use it ALL THE TIME (but I'm very careful with it), but I kind of want the transformer. For what I use it for, the B-ULS would just fit my needs better.

So, what I'm proposing is an even trade! When I say it works perfectly, I mean there are NO issues with it. I would only be interested in a trade for a B-ULS in the same shape, i.e.-PRACTICALLY NEW.

I'm NOT looking for one of the XL models.

This one has an AKG flight case and shock mount. I don't seem to have the windscreen anymore, so you could keep yours. The threads on the shockmount are plastic, and are a little chopped up, but it still threads, no problem, on to the stand.

I'd also be happy JUST trading the mic itself, without all the accessories. (you keep yours, I keep mine)

I would prefer to do this somewhat locally. LA or somewhere close by. That would involve one less trip to the post office, but I'd be open to a shipping exchange.

Here's some pics. Let me know if you've got any questions.

Thanks,
Geoff

Geoff Mann
composer | drummer | Los Angeles, CA

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:45 pm

The mic you show in the pics is a B-ULS. I thought that's what you wanted, no?

I'm confused. :???:

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:18 pm

rhythm ranch wrote:The mic you show in the pics is a B-ULS. I thought that's what you wanted, no?

I'm confused. :???:
The mic I have is the TLII (transformerless). I know it says B-ULS on the back, but the one that AKG actually refers to, in it's title, as the c414 B-ULS is the one with a transformer. Usually dark gray/silver, instead of Black/Gold.

I think that's right, right?
:?
Geoff Mann

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Weird. One side says B-ULS, the other side says TLII?!?! And yeah, my B-ULSs are black (dark gray) and silver.

Where'd you get it?

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:23 pm

rhythm ranch wrote:Weird. One side says B-ULS, the other side says TLII?!?! And yeah, my B-ULSs are black (dark gray) and silver.

Where'd you get it?
Sweetwater.

I don't think there's anything significantly unique about this one. It apparently uses a c12 capsule, and as such, with it's transformerless-ness, seems to be favored for vocal use. And I think it went for, like $50 more than the plain-old B-ULS.

I don't know what kind of capsule the one you have uses.
Geoff Mann

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 am

*bump* :shock:

I'll only bump this once, but I thought I'd give those of you that missed it last week to get the TRADE OF A LIFETIME!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

Just kidding... Really, though. Anybody wanna trade? :?: It's a real purty mic-ra-mo-phone....
Geoff Mann