FOR SALE: 32 Yamaha PM2000 Console with flight case + extras

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

jaredrush
ass engineer

FOR SALE: 32 Yamaha PM2000 Console with flight case + extras

Post by jaredrush » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm

I have a very nice condition Yamaha PM2000 analog mixing console for sale. It has just been completely serviced and is ready to be in your studio. Most people consider this to be the "Poor man's API"

Sounds amazing!! i mean REALLY amazing and comes with ATA ANVIL FLIGHT Case on wheels, extra channel strip, metal stand, and all the manuals and schematics you could ever want or need.

With this case, freighting it is simple and safe.

I will post pictures in a few days.

Hoping to get $2500 or best offer.. I'm flexible and want this board to go to a good home.. I'm downsizing my studio.

I also Have a PM1000 for sale too. It's a full 32 channel chasis with a bunch of channel strips and a bunch output strips, a couple talkback strips and a couple monitor strips.. the chasis is MINT condition.. also comes with a flight case.

email me at: jrushprojects@yahoo.com

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

Post by mindbreathe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:56 pm

$2500 for a 32ch PM2000? Are you crazy??? This thing SMOKES every mixer/summing device analog or digital under $10,000. WHY would ANYONE buy a Mackie or similar (or even a Neotek) when they could own a BIGGER THAN GOD sounding discrete board like this one? Or like mine (a 24 channel PM2000)? People who value REAL sound quality and not computer generated bullshit, buy this board!!! Some of you like me have gone to mixing ITB because your business needs the automation and recall abilities of the computer (in my case for post-production audio), but if you want to make REAL sounding records that stand up to the aesthetics defined in the 60's and 70's, the ONLY way to get that sound on a budget while still having the fidelity that will let you mix classical sessions is to buy a PM2000. Have courage, and be one of the few remaining warriors fighting the good fight to make records that people can actually relate to on a visceral/spiritual level.

Nicholas Taplin
silopdx@gmail.com

jaredrush
ass engineer

amen!

Post by jaredrush » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:46 am

Amen Brother! I couldn't agree more.. That's why it kills me to sell it, but I'm moving into a smaller house and space is going to the the issue. This is an amazing buy for someone out there.. I know I could get way more for the console, but I need to sell it soon, cause of the move. One thing I had my tech do is, replace all the jumper wires on the back plane circuit boards with flexible wires, this corrects the one main problem with pm2000's (and most of the 70's yamaha boards). When moving these board often, the board actually flexs slightly and when stress over time is on the jumper wires it cause "cold solider joints" - then you start having power issues and routing issues etc.. so my tech (by hand) soldiered in like hundreds of flexible jumper wires to correct that problem.. so this board will never have that problem and will last forever no matter how many times you move it.

Yeah it's a great board and it will be sadly missed. I just hope someone loves it as much as I have (and still do)

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

Post by mindbreathe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:27 pm

Tape Opers! I'm trying to get this guy's board sold so I can sell my 24ch version for a MUCH HIGHER PRICE!!!! This guy is totally desperate, he's being kicked out of his house, and he has nowhere to put his (flightcased i.e. easy to ship) board. Please BUY IT!!! YOU WILL NOT GET A BETTER DEAL ON A REAL ANALOG MIXER FOR A LONG LONG TIME!!! And then, once this guy's board is sold, I can sell my 24ch version for $4000.

BUY HIS BOARD NOW!!!!

Nicholas Taplin
silopdx@gmail.com

thecheat
pushin' record

Post by thecheat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Working on it!

Chris
"It's like Tom Jones Gargling a Hammer."
http://www.alpacaranchrecording.com

kengineering
pushin' record

Post by kengineering » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:10 pm

mindbreathe wrote:Tape Opers! I'm trying to get this guy's board sold so I can sell my 24ch version for a MUCH HIGHER PRICE!!!! This guy is totally desperate, he's being kicked out of his house, and he has nowhere to put his (flightcased i.e. easy to ship) board. Please BUY IT!!! YOU WILL NOT GET A BETTER DEAL ON A REAL ANALOG MIXER FOR A LONG LONG TIME!!! And then, once this guy's board is sold, I can sell my 24ch version for $4000.

BUY HIS BOARD NOW!!!!

Nicholas Taplin
silopdx@gmail.com
Gee if it's so underpriced you should buy it and resell it for double...

-kp

shakestheclown
takin' a dinner break

Post by shakestheclown » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:36 pm

I don't have any money but I have a 32 ch Soundcraft Ghost!

I guess that doesn't help much though.

Anybody wanna gimme a PM2k for my Ghost?

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

Post by mindbreathe » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:32 pm

I got NO money dude.

Nicholas

kengineering wrote:
mindbreathe wrote:Tape Opers! I'm trying to get this guy's board sold so I can sell my 24ch version for a MUCH HIGHER PRICE!!!! This guy is totally desperate, he's being kicked out of his house, and he has nowhere to put his (flightcased i.e. easy to ship) board. Please BUY IT!!! YOU WILL NOT GET A BETTER DEAL ON A REAL ANALOG MIXER FOR A LONG LONG TIME!!! And then, once this guy's board is sold, I can sell my 24ch version for $4000.

BUY HIS BOARD NOW!!!!

Nicholas Taplin
silopdx@gmail.com
Gee if it's so underpriced you should buy it and resell it for double...

-kp

themagicmanmdt
george martin

Post by themagicmanmdt » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:31 pm

man, you know, if it wasn't so BIG....

very intriguing. really.

is the board really discrete? are there opamps in the board at all?
we are the village green
preservation society
god bless +6 tape
valves and serviceability

*chief tech and R&D shaman at shadow hills industries*

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

Post by mindbreathe » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 pm

The inputs (preamps) are discrete and sound extremely API. Just ask the venerable Fletcher of the Mercenary Audio boutique audio shop. Every channel has balanced insert point I/O which means you can take a direct output of the amazing mic preamps and feed a totally different insert into the channel. There are IC's in the board. But it sounds SO fucking huge. And, when you increase the gain on the inputs into overload, it sounds like tape saturation. I kid you not. If a sound needs a little spice, you can just increase the input gain one click, and instantaneously it sounds punchy but never abrasive. If I hadn't moved into post-production I would still be keeping mine. The second a rock musician walks into your studio and sees this thing, they all say 'whoa, cool.' and know that their wildest rock and roll dreams are going to come true. This board is that good. And looks the part.

Nicholas

themagicmanmdt wrote:man, you know, if it wasn't so BIG....

very intriguing. really.

is the board really discrete? are there opamps in the board at all?

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:51 am

Do you take credit default swaps?
www.organissimo.org
organissimo - Dedicated (new CD)
"This shitty room is making your next hit record, bitch!"

jspartz
buyin' gear

Post by jspartz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:59 pm

I already live in Minnesota and own a own PM-2000, otherwise I would snag it. I love mine. It does sound good. Plus they are good for modifications. I put John Hardy 990 opamp's on the outputs and I like it that way. I also put those little jumpers in my board but I have a couple bad connections so I need strip it down and fix them. I don't usually track with this board but I love how my mixes sound through it. Good luck selling it. The price is good for what you can get.

Jason

KamikazeKyle
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by KamikazeKyle » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Well it seems as though I'm the proud owner of this beautiful board!

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

Post by mindbreathe » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Narcissism rules! I take all credit for this transaction.

Nicholas

KamikazeKyle wrote:Well it seems as though I'm the proud owner of this beautiful board!

jaredrush
ass engineer

pm2000

Post by jaredrush » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:46 pm

Well Congratulations to Kyle from Missouri! He is the proud owner of my PM2000.. (tear dripping down my face) I hated to sell it...... but oh well.

I still have the 32 channel pm-1000. if anyone just wants to buy strips or power supplies etc..I will part it out and give you an amazing deal!

Hit me up!