zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post by ubertar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:51 pm

These have separate outputs for each string. I also have breakout boxes so you can use a 7 pin out from the guitar to a 7 pin cable to the breakout box, which has six 1/4" outs. This way you can record a separate track for each string, with only one cable coming from the guitar. Breakout boxes are $50, and I now have 7 pin cables, for $10.

I can also do installation!! I've installed these on strat-style and tele-style guitars, and will consider other types on a case-by-case basis. Installation is $90. One possibility, which I've done before, is you can buy a guitar online at guitar center or wherever, have it shipped to me for pickup installation, then I send it to you. Shipping at those places is usually free, so you only have to pay shipping once, and just shipping-- no charge for the box and packing.

There are pics and sound clips in this thread:
http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopi ... hexaphonic

The advantage of hex pickups is you can process each track separately-- individual panning, effects, etc. And you avoid the intermodulation distortion that makes complex chords indistinct when distorted.
Last edited by ubertar on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veej007
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Veej007 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:18 am

this would be remarkable installed on a moog guitar