FS: 1971 Fender Twin silverface/blackface mod/newtubes

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

getreel
carpal tunnel

FS: 1971 Fender Twin silverface/blackface mod/newtubes

Post by getreel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:28 pm

I am selling my wonderful '71 non-master volume silverface Twin Reverb amp finally basically due to lack of use and space. I just had it blackface mods(very good as it was non-master volume) done and new JJ tubes installed last year and it's seen only studio use since 2006. I've only turned it and used it for recording maybe 3 times since the new tubes and blackface mod were done last year. I have 2 different vinyl covers and the original footswitch. Works perfectly and sounds wonderful! It has 1 Kendrick brown frame boutique 12" speaker and 1 stock replacement speaker. I would like to sell this locally hence the Craig's list ad that I'll post the link to below but I suppose it could be shipping but buyer will pay for the shipping. Of course there is cosmetic wear and tear but I have maintained this amp very well since purchasing in 2001. At one point, I replaced the reverb tank as it had one of incorrect size when I bought it. The cable leading to the tank were also replaced as well as one of the speakers with the Kendrick brown frame. You will not find a nicer sounding silverface Twin. This is basically a 100 watt blackface Twin now after mods and being that is much easier to bias the tubes now. It is also pretty loud but also sounds just great at lower volumes.
$800 plus shipping. I want it to go to someone who appreciates it like I do as this is an all tube, hand wired classic!
Last edited by getreel on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

getreel
carpal tunnel

Post by getreel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:48 am

I'm still going to have to sell this amp as I am running out of space and have 3 other amps. This is a chance to get a good deal on a great hand wired vintage amp. Still looking for $900. shipping in the US 48 would probably run you about $85-$100 but would still prefer pickup if you're close enough. I'm zip code 75961
Last edited by getreel on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

getreel
carpal tunnel

Post by getreel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:24 am

Bumping this from awhile back and adding new info plus link to my current craigslist ad.

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/msg/1781551917.html

getreel
carpal tunnel

Post by getreel » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:06 am

I will ship this nice large amp but buyer will have to pay shipping. I dropped the price some too. I just want it get a great home.

Boogdish
takin' a dinner break

Post by Boogdish » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:51 am

Did you send this amp to Kendrick for the blackface conversion? If so, I was probably the one who modded it for you.

getreel
carpal tunnel

Post by getreel » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:48 pm

The blackface conversion was done my my tech, Steve Bounds of Tejas Amplifier Technology. He used to be the amp tech at Rockin' Robin in Houston for many years I believe. It sounds amazing and I really wish I could keep it. It doesn't get enough use and I tend to use smaller amps when recording now. I put the brown frame in myself with the help of a friend about 5 years ago and again, it has not been gigged much since 2006, before the conversion.

getreel
carpal tunnel

Post by getreel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:32 am

bump. I need to sell this soon so I may put on consignment locally in a store or even possible eBay if I don't get any interest soon. This amp is really nice and sounds great. Electrically perfect and ready to rock for you!