Neve 1073, vintage original module. KILLER.

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Resonater
audio school

Neve 1073, vintage original module. KILLER.

Post by Resonater » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Well, what needs to be said about this item? The original Neve 1073 Mic Pre-amp and Equalizer module is perhaps the most sought after product of its kind. A Class-A, fully discreet legend whose value will only increase over time. No, this is NOT the re-issued "imitation" unit released by Neve in the last couple of years. It is THE ORIGINAL, VINTAGE unracked module made by the Rupert Neve company in the 1970's to slide into consoles of that era. It is widely heralded as the best microphone pre-amp ever made.

The history of this unit goes like this. I bought it used from a broker in England in 1986 or so. In 1992, Brent Averill, perhaps the most highly regarded technician in regards to these modules, cleaned the unit (not sure if he re-capped) and replaced the switches. The unit was used in a smoke-free studio in the 1990's, but when we lost the lease on the studio in which it was sitting, it was placed in safe, dry storage, where it has sat for the last ten years or so. I currently don't have the rack in which it was originally sitting, so I can't hook it up, but it should work fine once you exercise switches, etc. Because of the vintage nature of the unit, I am selling "as is", but if you'd like to know more about me and my studio, let me know and we can chat by phone or email. The unit is in very good cosmetic condition and I hate to part with it. But, I'm selling it to finance other purchases.

The last unit I saw on eBay went for $4995.00. Asking $4495.00 or $8595.00/pair plus PayPal or wire transfer fees and shipping fees. I'd love local pickup if you're in the area (Los Angeles). Thanks for looking...oh, and email me for pics. United States only. If you have questions, let me know. Good luck!
Resonater

goikem
pluggin' in mics

Post by goikem » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:15 pm

no offense, but good luck on what? being able to afford such an item?

Resonater
audio school

Post by Resonater » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:50 pm

Good luck on all your endeavors, my son.
Resonater

Blade
takin' a dinner break

Post by Blade » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:34 am

As Goikem said.......no offense, but.......
I would put them on Ebay, if you think you can get that kind of money for them!

I'll stick with my crappy pair of Telefunken V72's I got for $2,000.00, less than a year ago.

Neve modules are only worth what someone will pay for them...and thank God were not in a recession.

I think the GOOD LUCK should be wished upon you!

Peace!

Resonater
audio school

Post by Resonater » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:34 am

Blade wrote:
I think the GOOD LUCK should be wished upon you!
In that case, thank you for the kind wishes!
Resonater

RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

Post by RoyMatthews » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:30 am

I dunno. I'm sure this isn't the only place he's posted so I'm sure he's just trying all available outlets.
There's plenty of guys here who have dropped a ton of money on gear. I'm sure there's more than one who have spent more than 10K on something and plenty who have 1073s.
No one said anything about the guy selling his Telefunken 250 for $12k. That's what they're worth.
If they are worth that much and they're desired that much then you can't blame him.

Good luck with the sale.
"If there's one ironclad rule of pop history, it's this: The monkey types Hamlet only once."

okgb
alignin' 24-trk

Post by okgb » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:22 am

Supply & demand , and he's reasonable in replies

I'd love one but nothing i record demands it
[ and not that anyone here would pay extra even if they liked it
but would keep things interesting and enhance one's recording reputation !

Resonater
audio school

Post by Resonater » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:44 am

Hey all,

Thanks for the interest, everyone. As I mentioned in my post, the last eBay unit I saw sold for $4995.00, so I *think* that my pricing is within reason. The other good thing about 1073's, perhaps more than any other piece of gear we could cite, is that they should continue appreciating in value as years go on. Still, I understand that they've become quite pricey already, but I'm hoping that there's one buyer out there who has interest in the unit(s) at or near my asking price.

But thanks to all for looking!
Resonater

okgb
alignin' 24-trk

Post by okgb » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Supply & demand , and he's reasonable in replies

I'd love one but nothing i record demands it
[ and not that anyone here [ where i live ]
would pay extra even if they liked it
but would keep things interesting and enhance one's recording reputation !