WTB: Pro Tools 6.x software for a TDM system

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Danly
takin' a dinner break

WTB: Pro Tools 6.x software for a TDM system

Post by Danly » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:23 am

I'm putting together a TDM rig for my studio. I've got an Apogee AD8000 with the digi out card going into a mix core card. Now all I need is the software to be able to install the drivers and get pro tools up and running.
Does anybody have a TDM install disk they are willing to sell or lend me so I can finish putting this studio together and start recording (already)?
I'm interested in doing this legally. I'm not sure what the rules are about wether or not I need to buy a registration from Digidesign, but if I need to do that, I'll do it. Sorry, I don't really know exactly how that works.

p.s.. if you've got any farm cards or extra 888's i'm into that too.

Thanks, everyone
Danly

the finger genius
re-cappin' neve

Post by the finger genius » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 am

If you want support from Digidesign (which I think includes the ability to download whatever version of the software came with the hardware you're using) you can fill out a transfer of ownership form.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?lan ... temid=4987

You'll also need whomever originally owned (and registered) the hardware to fill out portions of the form.
vvv wrote:
That said, what I'm gettin' at is, perfectionism is for the truly defective.

You may quote me.

Danly
takin' a dinner break

Post by Danly » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:20 am

Thanks for the link.
Ok. I'll give that a shot. I bought the core card at a music store, so hopefully they will be willing to help me out with the ownership form.

I noticed that it says somewhere in there, that if you don't want to fill out the transfer of ownership form, you can purchase the software through the digistore.

I called them up and asked to buy the 6.4.1 software, but they person I spoke to really didn't know what he was talking about. He tried to sell me the upgrade for $35 and promised that this was in fact the full version of the software, but I didn't believe him and told him I needed to do more research and wasn't gonna buy it. I'm pretty sure that guy was wrong. Right?
Starlab

Mattafact
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Mattafact » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:30 pm

I think the upgrade contains a full installer but I'm not 100% sure. Archive.digidesign.com has all the info for the old stuff. I just sold my mix3 and I basically lived on those pages when I was setting the system up.

Danly
takin' a dinner break

Post by Danly » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Thanks, guys. Those two links have been extremely helpful.
I emailed the store that I bought my mix core card from today and they were happy to fill out and fax over the transfer of ownership form when I gave them the serial number on the core card.
Tomorrow I will fill out my half of the form and fax it over to digidesign so I can buy an authorization code to download 6.4.1
In the meantime, tonight I am going to install the core audio driver so I can at least get the computer to recognize the interface.
Following Mattafact's advice, here is a link to where you can download the software if you've got a code:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?nav ... egoryid=36
I'll update this thread tomorrow after I deal with digi, just in case anyone else is interested in how easy/difficult it is to get the older software.
Starlab

blue_thunder77
audio school graduate

Did you get Pro Tools?

Post by blue_thunder77 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm wanting to buy a Pro Tools Mix system and can't find the software anywhere. Were you able to download Pro Tools 6.4.1 from digidesign?

Thanks,
Joe
Thanks,
Joe
Green Bus Recording Studio
San Angelo, TX

blue_thunder77
audio school graduate

Re: Did you get Pro Tools?

Post by blue_thunder77 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:37 pm

blue_thunder77 wrote:I'm wanting to buy a Pro Tools Mix system and can't find the software anywhere. Were you able to download Pro Tools 6.4.1 from digidesign?

Thanks,
Joe
Does anybody know if this is true?
Thanks,
Joe
Green Bus Recording Studio
San Angelo, TX

Danly
takin' a dinner break

Post by Danly » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:30 pm

hey, joe.

I was making it much more complicated than it is. Yes, you can buy ProTools 6.4.1 from the digistore. It's about 25 bucks. They will email you a software code when you pay.
Starlab